We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antiparos Camping - what's it like?

Which Antiparos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Antiparos Camping - what's it like?

Hi there,

My husband and I are going to be in Greece from late August until early September (about 10 days) and we'd like to spend all of our time in Antiparos.

We're looking at hotel accomodation (eg Hotel Theologos - relaxed, budget-friendly places) but we noticed that Antiparos Camping was recommended in Lonely Planet. Given the heat of that time of year we think a hotel might be better - but we couldn't get past how cheap Antiparos Camping seemed to be! Has anyone stayed here before? What's it like? Suitable for 10 days?

Thanks!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Antiparos Camping - what's it like?

Never stayed there myself, but have walked through the campsite. It has pitches divided by bamboo fencing, a cafe, etc. It is located next to a clothing optional beach, and about a 10 minute walk into town. Camping Antiparos seems to get many repeat customers. I think you are right that it could get quite hot in a tent that time of year, and it may be a bit noisy until the beginning of September. You can see photos and prices at http://www.camping-antiparos.gr/

I have stayed at Theologos Place, and can highly recommend it. It's located in the same general direction, about half-way between the camping beach and the main part of town. See www.antiparos-isl.com/Theologos/Index.html

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antiparos Camping - what's it like?

Many thanks for your response Heimdall! I think we will be going with Theologos' Place, or another accomodation recommended by a diving contact we have made in Antiparos (my husband is mad about freediving!). Although the price is certainly right with Camping Antiparos... it just might be way too hot!

:)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antiparos Camping - what's it like?

There is an article about the camp site in last weekend's Guardian at guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/sep/11/greece-nat…

Perth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Antiparos Camping - what's it like?

I stayed a month at Antiparos Camping. I found it great. The shower block is clean and well laid out. The site is kept clean. A tent can be had extreamly cheap and food is good. You can, if you take a camping stove, cook your own food in a site kitchen. There is a fridge for keeping things cool. The family who own the site are lovely, friendly and helpfull. When I was there the owners could not do enough for me...nothing was too much. eat value. If you do stay there say hi to Theo from Jack in Scotland. Jack.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 20:35
5. Re: Antiparos Camping - what's it like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Antiparos