We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antiparos Boat

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Antiparos Boat

Does anyone know if the Parikia to Antiparos boat is running this year, or will I have to get the bus to Pounta for the ferry? Travelling in July.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antiparos Boat

Greecemaduk posted on 13th may that this boat had been spotted running , I am sure greecemaduk and heimdall amongst others will update you.

Edited: 18 May 2012, 18:11
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antiparos Boat

I know this is not curent info but there were three boats running from Parikia to Antiparos last summer. They all are there wheneach ferry arrives. I can see no reason that at least one of them would still be running this year

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Antiparos Boat

I've seen the smaller of the two boats, Ermis, on the Parkia port webcam this year, and was surprised it is running this early. As far as I know the other will be running this year as well. You can see the two boats here: flickr.com/photos/…set-72157627739415280

That said, it's nearly as easy (and cheaper) to take the bus to Pounta, and the 7 minute car ferry from there. The boats from Parikia to Antiparos are sometimes cancelled when the wind is too strong, even when the ferries from Piraeus are still running. :o)

Edited: 18 May 2012, 19:27
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antiparos Boat

Thanks for that, the last time I took the boat from Parikia it was pretty choppy, you'd need good sea legs!

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antiparos Boat

The smaller boat to Antiparos was introduced last year I think. It was very fast and did the journey in about 15 minutes. I arrived just in time to see the olympic torch arriving on Antiparos. If I had gone by bus and car ferry I would have missed it.

More often than not, though, I tend to use the car ferry. If I arrive in Parikia I will look to see if there is a boat direct to Antiparos that is due to depart straight away. If so, AND the weather is very calm I will use it as it's easier. Otherwise I would go straight to the bus station for the bus to Pounda. The buses tend to be at 10 minutes past each hour which connects with a ferry at half past the hour.

This year I'm going to arrive on Paros pretty late, probably on the evening Blue Star. So the car ferry will be the only option. The ferries will run every half hour at that time of night, so if I can get an earlier ferry by doing so, I might go by taxi.

Edited: 18 May 2012, 23:14
Mentioned in this post
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Antiparos Boat

If you take the bus, be very sure you are boarding the #4 marked Pounta-Antiparos, and not the #1 or #5 to Pounda Beach, on the other side of the island.

Note that in transliteration from the Greek to Roman alphabet, Πούντα is spelled either Pounda or Pounta, sometimes even Punda. :o)

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Antiparos Boat

As of mid-June 2012 the departure times from Paroikia were 10.40, 12.10, 17.15 & 19.15. From Antiparos: 09.15, 11.20, 16.30 & 18.00. Fare is €5 one-way and it takes about 30 minutes. Two boats operate the route - Ermis and Elafonissos. The Pounda ferry takes seven minutes, costs €1.10 and runs every 30 minutes. The No.4 bus to Pounda costs €1.60 - buy tickets at the bus station machine in Paroikia or at the kiosk at Pounda.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Antiparos Boat

I spent 5 days on Antiparos from Friday of last week to Wednesday. The only day that the boats to Paroikia were running was the day I left, as it had been too windy before that. I only saw Ermis, the smaller boat, running. The Pounda ferry was every half hour until about 4.00 p.m. then hourly until about midnight.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Antiparos Boat

Thanks for the information, guys. I've seen the boats on the Parosweb Webcam, They usually take off soon after the Blue Star Delos has unloaded its passengers. If they're not sailing we'll just get the bus to Pounda.

10. Re: Antiparos Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Antiparos