We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

antiparos to pounta ferry

Which Antiparos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pacific Palisades...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
antiparos to pounta ferry

Can you tell me the earliest ferry from Antiparos to Paros. I am staying on Antiparos but have a 7:00 am flight out of Paros. Wondering what time the ferries start in the morning?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,091 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: antiparos to pounta ferry

As far as I can recall, the first ferry from Antiparos leaves at 7:00 am, so you will have to spend the last night on Paros. I have often arrived on that early flight when it comes in from Athens, and caught the first ferry back to Antiparos. I haven't been to Antiparos yet this year, but GreecemadUK has, so perhaps he has more current information. :o)

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: antiparos to pounta ferry

I think the first one is either 0645 or 0715, neither of which would suit as you would need to be at the airport at 0630 at the very latest, preferably earlier. However, your hotel owner will doubtless have a relative with a boat who could take you across at, say, 0545. He can also fix a taxi to meet you at Pounda. Alternatively, spend your last night on Paros and get an early taxi to the airport. There are several small hotels close to the port windmill in Paroikia, catering especially to one-nighters moving on at all hours. The main taxi rank is alongside.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: antiparos to pounta ferry

The earliest ferry I have ever seen on the timetable has been 06:40, but even that is too late to catch a plane at 07:00.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,091 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: antiparos to pounta ferry

Once I actually caught the early morning flight when staying on Antiparos the night before. This was a long time ago and I don't remember the actual timings, but recall having a half hour between the ferry leaving Antiparos and the flight leaving Paros. I arrived at the airport about 10 minutes before flight departure, and guess what? Several people from Paros arrived later than me and still got on board! lol!!!

Several caveats here, though: I hadn't planned on taking that early morning flight, but Olympic (the former Olympic Airlines) changed my booking. A reliable taxi was waiting for me at Pounta. I was fully prepared to take Blue Star later in the morning had I missed the flight. I thought long and hard before doing this, and would never try it again! ;o)

Pacific Palisades...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: antiparos to pounta ferry

Thank you all. I have a rental car I can leave at the airport but it looks like I might have to spend the night in Paros anyway. I'll find out more when I arrive tomorrow.

6. Re: antiparos to pounta ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Antiparos