We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just right !

merseyside
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Just right !

Just returned from our holiday on Antiparos and will definitely be going back.We stayed at Maria's Place at the far end of the harbour next to Kouros village. A lovely place to stay and a perfect evening stroll from the village centre. I say village as it is really quite small compared to other resorts on other larger islands and this is the only resort on the island. It is filled with lovely beaches from one end of the island to the other. There are a few settlements and a few sights and not much else but it is such a lovely place to be amongst lovely people.Take a boat trip to Despotica from Aghios Giorgios, visit the cave full of huge stalactites and stalagmites and watch the beautiful sunset on sunset beach. They people are so friendly and before you know it you will know everyone. As we went in September it was perfect for us, on the quiet side but enough going on to keep it interesting. If it sounds like your kind of place - go for it. You wont be disappointed

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,786 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just right !

I'm glad that you liked my favourite island! :o)

merseyside
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just right !

Yes I did, I thought it was really special.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just right !

Also glad you liked it. Been there a few times and have just booked into Maria's Place(for the first time) for a few days at the beginning of October.

merseyside
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just right !

I can recommend Maria's place. Clean convenient and unpretentious and Athena and her husband are lovely.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just right !

We're just back too!! Plus we also stayed at Maria's place - Room 3!! I absolutely agree with you, a great island with a great selection of tavernas. We did the Round The Island boat trip on the Alexandros - great day out. I'll be doing a review on Maria's place in the next couple of days - superb accommodartion. Any questions just ask. Cheers.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just right !

Maria's Place was fine ; pleasant situation and nice people, happily stay there again.

7. Re: Just right !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Antiparos