We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation with a pool

Which Antiparos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation with a pool

Hi there

I am looking for hotel or studio accommodation on Antiparos that has a swimming pool. So far I have found Lilly's Island, Kouros Village and Kastro. Are there any others? Which hotels/apartments do you recommend? Can we use the pools at these places if we are not staying there? Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Bath
Level Contributor
507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation with a pool

Stayed at Lillys island 2 years ago..top quality apartment,terrace and beautiful gardens and a lovely pool with a bar.Really helpful pleasant hosts who advised us on trips,transport etc. Only 5 mins to the beach, 2 mins into the main street and tavernas...a really perfect place to stay.Non residents did not use the pool. The only thing to note is that siesta is observed in this area, so as a result the pool was not used at this time.This did not worry us... we headed to the island beaches in the afternoon and then back for a late afternoon swim in the pool. One of the best places we have stayed, and attracts a lot of return visitors.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,091 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation with a pool

Hi holidaygirl,

Those are the only hotels with pools I can think of, apart from Delfini in San Georgio at the southern end of the island. You can use the pool at Fanaris Beach Bar (between the two Psaraliki beaches) for €4 per day. It's a nice pool, well maintained, but used mostly by children. The beach next to Fanaris is so nice I have rarely been tempted to use the pool, only once or twice in the years since it was built. :o)

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation with a pool

Thank you Sal118 and Heimdall for your help. Heimdall - have you stayed at the Delfini? It looks a lovely place, quiet, nice beach, nice studios. I am thinking that we could have a week at Lilly's Island and a week in San Georgio? I have 2 six year olds and we just need a pool, a beach and a few tavernas with lovely views. Thanks for your help

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
920 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation with a pool

We stayed at Pavlos Place(Galini hotel) this year that overlooks Lillys Island and i would suggest Lilly,s Island would be a good choice. It is just a very short stroll down the quiet back street from the hotel for you to reach the beach which has very shallow water and very much child friendly.

You will enjoy Antiparos .. It is beautiful.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,091 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation with a pool

I personally haven't stayed at Delfini, but it has a very good reputation. You can find out more about it here: http://www.dolphinantiparos.gr and here: angelfire.com/super2/…antiparoshotels.html .

Honestly, though, I wouldn't spend much time by the pool when there are such nice beaches on Antiparos. They are a mixture of sand with a little shingle, great for children making sand castles and paddling in the water. The water is crystal clear, and the beaches are gently shelving, perfect for toddlers and small children. That's probably why there are so few hotels with pools on Antiparos. :o)

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation with a pool

Hi Heimdall

Thanks for your help - I wouldn't bother with a pool if it was just me but the children like both beach and pool! I have read the thread in this forum about trips to do on Antiparos, we are going next July/August so I suspect there will be plenty of buses? Are there taxis available on the island too? I found one car hire company - is it fairly easy to hire a car for a few days when I get there?

Thanks again!

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation with a pool

There are many beaches suitable for children on Antiparos but for small children the best is probably the really shallow San Spiridon Beach, near the Argo taverna and Theologos Beach Café. You can walk out for 100m and the water's still below adult knee height. Being so shallow it is also warm. You'll find a photo of it in my album "Greece: Antiparos" at:

www.flickr.com/photos/aloudon/sets

In July/August the island is going to be very hot and very busy with the summer influx of Greek and Italian holidaymakers. Antiparos is more relaxed in late May/early June or September. Once smitten, you'll keep returning. Everyone does.

8. Re: Accommodation with a pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Antiparos