We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

The actual post is in reply #1 so you don't have to scroll through a long post if this goes to multiple pages.

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

I don't know about Mykonos - that was really far away from Folegandros so I never had a reason to go there, but I would be surprised if there were other ships - the islands aren't on the same routes, and cross-route ships are few. Is there a reason you are going Mykonos > Folegandros > Milos > Santorini? The route Mykonos > Santorini > Folegandros > Milos seems more straightforward to me.

Surrey UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
62. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

Hi,

We are flying in to Mykonos and flying out of Santorini., so wanted to do some island hopping in between, visiting islands we hadn't been to before.

Thanks for your help.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

Superjet will be the only vessel that you can use to get directly from Mykonos to Folegandros. There are other ways of doing the trip by changing at Paros or Naxos, but only on certain days and the timetables won't be published until a few weeks beforehand. If the alternative to Superjet it will almost certainly be cheaper but not as quick as you will maybe have a long wait if you have to change boats.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

In mid-June it's likely that there will be four services a week from Syros via Paros and Naxos to Folegandros - the same four that are currently running. (NEL's current timetable provisionally runs until June 28th and the ANEK timetable, which runs to the end of April, continued unchanged last year).

On Wednesdays and Fridays they leave Paros at 12.50 and Naxos at 14.00 (arriving at Folegandros at 18.10 or 18.25). Seajet 2 is scheduled to sail daily from Mykonos to Paros at 9.45 and if last year's timetable is repeated Flying Cat 3 will also be sailing from Mykonos to Naxos at about 9.45 on Wednesdays. (Each of these takes about 45 minutes so even if they are running an hour or so late there will still be plenty of time to make the connection)

On Tuesdays and Saturdays the departures for Folegandros are from Paros at 10.50 and Naxos at 12.15 - there are unlikely to be any services from Mykonos that will arrive in either port in time to make a same-day connection.

IF NEL follow the pattern of the last two years Mykonos stops are likely to be added to some of their Syros to Folegandros services after June 28th, providing another direct-connection option (but this will not help the poster who wishes to travel in mid-June).

Edited: 23 February 2012, 15:38
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

We are coming to Greece in June for our honeymoon. We are going to start off with 3 days in Folegandros (ideally at the Hotel Anemousa but having problems contacting them) then going to Milos and Sifnos. Out of interest - do you think it would be wiser to divide our time between Folegandros and one other island if the other two are larger? Any tips gratefully received. Nikki

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

Nikki, you'll need to specify how much time you have total for the islands. 3 on Foleg is okay - how many do you have to split between Milos and Sifnos? All three are spectacular, absolutely spectacular.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

We have 4 nights left in total after 3 on Folegandros - so were thinking of two nights on Milos at the Tania apartments and then 2 nights on Sifnos at the Adelfi Hotel. Just not sure sure whether this is a good idea?

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

with such a limited timeframe, and considering how large milos and sifnos are, I would reccommend you choose one or the other.

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

thanks for this useful guide!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Xaroula's Guide to Folegandros 2011

I will be staying on Folegandros in late July. Would you be able to tell me if there is any place that I would be able to do my laundry while I'm there?

Also, are there any yoga classes on the Island?

Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Folegandros