We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking advice on accommodation in August

Hong Kong
4 posts
Save Topic
Seeking advice on accommodation in August

Dear Xaroula,

Thank you for such wealth of information about Folegandros. It was an excellent forum indeed.

We will be visiting the island in August and would like to seek some advice about accommodation if possible. We are travelling as family of 3. I wonder if you can provide your opinion about Irene's Room, Spyridoula and Haraki as I couldn't find any reviews about them. Thanks.

Yun

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking advice on accommodation in August

I have stayed in Eleni's Rooms. They are cheap and cheerful, and are OK if all you want is a bed to sleep in and are not planning to spend much time in (or outside) the room. I can't comment on the others.

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking advice on accommodation in August

Hi,

well first have you established that they have availability for your dates? August is high season and many places are fully booked. I don't know anything about Haraki at all except that some people told me it wasn't that great - but I have no idea if that is true. It's kind of on the outskirts, much more so than the others, but not a long walk to the center of town. Spyridoula is very centrally located, and many of the rooms have kitchens which is super helpful. I live in the largest of the apartments and it's plenty big for a vacation (small to live in year round but you don't care!). I can tell you that Spyridoula's rooms are immaculate (Christina who runs them is a cleaning maniac and is one of the only owners who cleans all the rooms herself rather than hiring someone). But I'm not trying to suggest that other places are NOT clean, please don't misinterpret that.

If I were you, I'd just pick one based on location (probably Spyridoula if you want a kitchen but be sure to make it clear that you want a kitchen as not all of the rooms have one) and book NOW before they are all gone.

Good luck :)

3. Re: Seeking advice on accommodation in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Folegandros