We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

Hi Folks,

I fly in to Santorini in early June. As its far to early for ferry schedules, I am wondering are there usually daily ferries between Santorini and Folegandros?

I plan to stay maybe two/three nights in Folegandros and then on to Sifnos. Again I am wondering are there daily ferries between Folegandros and Sifnos?

I am just looking for a rough guide for this time of year.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks Irene

UK
Level Contributor
364 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

In June 2012 there were daily ferries from Santorini and Folegandros, often a choice between fast ferries and the traditional ones.

Not so frequent from Folegandros to Sifnos but we have done trips between all those islands on both the Agios Gergios and Adam. Korais.

You can do a retrospective dummy search for the same time in 2012 that you want to go in 2013 here: openseas.gr/openseas/SearchTripProcess.html

It'll give you a pretty good idea of the frequency but, of course , it's not infallible.

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

Hi tomtom

I did the dummy search and its a very handy web site and have added it to favourites. I will decide nearer the time but it looks like I might have to stay an extra day on Folegandros, no bad thing I'm sure !!

Thanks for reply

Regards Irene

UK
Level Contributor
364 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

No Problem.

In case you're interested this is where we stayed. http://www.polikandia-folegandros.gr/

The web-site speaks for itself.

regards

TT12

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

WOW !!

I'm supposed to be doing a BUDGET HOLIDAY

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

Sorry TT,

That last reply went off too quick. Was thinking of staying at the Coral studios at the port, but think I've changed my mind. Am travelling solo, wtih back pack..... and supposed to be doing this as budget conscious as possible but one of the suites at the Hotel has a Kitchenette - Perfect !! LOL

Regards Irene

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

If you want a budget room on Folegandros look at http://pavlosx2.com/ or http://www.irene-folegandros.gr/ . I think you stay in the chora anyway. It's where most of the facilities are like tavernas and shops, and it is the hub of the bus routes. There isn' tmuch at the port.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
966 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

Also consider hotel Anemousa whilst staying on folegandros, it is a very reasonably priced hotel and sits ideally placed right on the edge of chora town.

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

Thanks Greekmad and Greekadmirer, I might stay in chora. Will look at the places you both have recommended. Plenty of choice with TA

Thanks again

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

www.seajets.gr/en/index.php

The above link gives 2013 schedule

Edited: 07 February 2013, 20:30
10. Re: Ferries Santorini - Folegandros - Sifnos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:15