We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spot to stay for honeymoon - anemomiolos or polikandia??

C A
charlotte
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
spot to stay for honeymoon - anemomiolos or polikandia??

Coming for our honeymoon in August and looking for a good spot to stay. Considering Anemomiolos Hotel Apartments or Polikandia. Any thoughts??

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: spot to stay for honeymoon - anemomiolos or polikandia??

Have not stayed at either but Anemomilos would be my choice purely for the location, we stay at Folegandros Apartments which are opposite Anemomilos and always go over there for early evening drinks - the views are fantastic!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spot to stay for honeymoon - anemomiolos or polikandia??

Hi again

I have not stayed in either, but I have stayed in Folegandros Chora many times. Indeed I saw the Polikandia being built many years ago.

Either should be OK, both are in close proximity to Chora which is by far the best location to stay in on the island.

Cook Islands
Level Contributor
39 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spot to stay for honeymoon - anemomiolos or polikandia??

We have stayed at Polikandia twice and visited Anemomiolos six times for sundowners and meals. Both have their plus points,the sheer class at Anem and the innovative cooking.The familys hospitality at Poli and the cleanliness of the wholehotel being just some examples.

I think it depends on your budget totally,a blue line room at Anem would be the perfect choice but at a cost,the rooms at Poli are lots cheaper but you dont get the views and the decadent luxury. In my opinion,Anem is an ideal spot for a Honeymoon splurge,whereas Poli is a gorgeous hotel for a lovely holiday.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
936 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spot to stay for honeymoon - anemomiolos or polikandia??

For a honeymoon I would also throw in Fata Morgana for consideration.. I personally always stay at hotel Anemousa next door which is much cheaper but having looked around Fata Morgana several times I would say the room décor to be exceptional and location is excellent just a few mins stroll into Chora.

http://www.fatamorgana.gr/

5. Re: spot to stay for honeymoon - anemomiolos or polikandia??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Folegandros