We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it easy to get a taxi at Mykonos airport?

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it easy to get a taxi at Mykonos airport?

Hi, apologies as I have already posted this in the Greece forum then saw there was one for Mykonos.

We have a late flight coming into Mykonos arriving at 20:20. I have read somewhere that Taxi's area little scarce on the island at night so wondered if I should book a private transfer or will I just be able to grab a taxi outside when I leave the airport?

The journey is less than a mile from the airport and a private transfer looks like it will cost 30 euros or so each way.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Mykonos Catamaran Sailing Tour
107 Reviews
from US$133.20*
Free Cancellation
Small-Group Sailing Yacht Cruise to...
83 Reviews
from US$124.90*
Free Cancellation
Ancient Delos Tour
105 Reviews
from US$59.50*
Free Cancellation
3 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it easy to get a taxi at Mykonos airport?

Taxis always meet flights outside the terminal building - however they will often fill up their seats with people travelling in the same direction (if you are a couple you could find yourself sharing with another random couple travelling the same way) - they do not however share the fare - they will charge both parties! ... Have you tried asking your accommodation for a lift? Many offer this Service - may be worth bobbing them an email?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,748 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it easy to get a taxi at Mykonos airport?

Would not worry about it. Whilst there are none waiting they do turn up at intervals. Taxis know when flights arrive.

Less than a mile, as a backpacker I would walk that on a cool evening.

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it easy to get a taxi at Mykonos airport?

We have contacted the hotel and they don't do transfers. So hoping when we land next week to be able to grab a taxi when we leave the airport

I know a mile sounds like it is very little retired -hippy and we are hill walkers so its nothing to us usually I am currently sporting a hip injury which makes walking very difficult, lugging a large suitcase as cant use a backpack due to the injury and typical greek roads I think a taxi is a far safer option.

Reply to: Is it easy to get a taxi at Mykonos airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted