We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Mykonos like in June?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's Mykonos like in June?

Hi everyone, my best friend and I (both in our early twenties) will be visiting Mykonos for the first time from June 3-9. I was wondering what the islands are like during that time. We are planning to do some island day trips, sun ourselves on the beaches, shop, check out the nightlife, etc. I've read several reviews online and from what I can tell we're visiting outside the peak months. Will it be warm enough to veg out on the beach? Will the bars and clubs be open? Does anyone have any suggestions for us?

Mykonos Greece
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

Hi

You have chosen the best month to come, because it swinging but not crazy, the beaches are not over crowed, and yet have many guests, the restaurants and bars give the best service at this period. The weather for the last 3 years has been the best of the entire summer. I'm sure you will have a great time, and if you do day trips to other islands the weather will good, so you can take hydrofoils, and it will be quick.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,106 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

We've been to Mykonos twice in early June during the past three years and it's been just as Lady Mykonos described -- with great weather and lots to see and do. You'll have a blast!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
york, uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

Me and my best friend also early 20's travelled to Mykonos last year. We stayed for 2 weeks from 26/05/06 -12/06/06... The weather was very warm, sea quite chilly as you would expect (we both came back with amazing tans) the atmosphere is perfect, lots of people but not too crowded. I have read some reviews which suggest July/Aug are horrific.. For us Early June was perfect. May I suggest that one night you go to Pierro's, we had a scream here, everyone is so friendly. I will be back on Mykonos 31/05/07, counting down the days..

As far as I know all the bars and clubs will be in full swing by then..

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

Thanks everyone! Sophie, what is Pierro's? I had no idea that the water got chilly in the Cyclades. Is it not warm enough to swim in for extended periods of time?

Toronto
Level Contributor
122 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

What about July 1 to 5th timeframe? Concerned that it it will be busier/crowded?? Any suggestions on a nice (less than 200E per night) hotel?

Thanks for your help

york, uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

Pierro's is a gay bar/club in the town that is full of beautiful men.. I think that is the only time I have ever wished I had been born male ha ha...Seriously you will have a scream.

You can swim at that time of year, we did, but It was very cold and never stayed in longer than 10 mins.

Austin
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

HI everyone,

I have a similar question so I decided to continue here instead of posting a new thread. Hope you don't mind..

I'll be in Mykonos on a cruise June 4 from 7:00am - 1:00pm. So, my question is...will it be chilly since we'll be there in the morning? Would it be a bad idea to go to the beach at 8 or 9am? If so, we'll plan on walking around, shopping, eating, etc. but WON'T wear bathing suits.

Thanks a lot!

melissa :)

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

Hey Melissa....Why not wear your bathing suite underneath your shorts or whatever you'll be wearing, that way you'll be ready for a swim if you decide to do so?! That being said, bear in mind the Aegean in general is a relatively cold Sea...so it's not so much the water temp (which will definetely be cool) but the air temp! It should be sunny and warm for sure..if the wind is blowing it definetely makes it more 'uncomfortable' coming out of the water!! As stated, most will take the 'dunk'..and that, too, depends on your tolerance..I'm from NY and used to the Atlantic..'nough said! I'm in regardless, coming the distance - lol! So weatherwise, it should be beautiful...taking the 'dunk' will be up to you (but think you'll manage a quick one:) Have a spectacular time and Enjoy!

Austin
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

Thanks for the quick response, Litsa!

I was thinking about wearing a bathing suit under my clothes, but won't bother at all if it's a stupid isea to go to the beach :)!

As for water, I probably won't go in since I have a low tolerance for cold water. BUT, are you saying it will be warm outside? Even at 8:00 or 10:00?

Are we talking 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Melissa :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's Mykonos like in June?

Hey Melissa...just noticed you're from Austin...is that Texas? If so, forget it, you'll freeze in the water -lol!!!! Air temps should easily be in the 80's by June...maybe hotter....It really varies year to year with some hotter than others but generally even by May it's not odd to have temps in the 80's by day...evenings always cool down with the sun setting so make sure you bring a sweater or 2 for the cruise:) Enjoy!