We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

hi there.............

now please dont be offended by this ............

we know mykonos is meant to be a holiday place for happy 'gay' people.and we are not put off by this or offended in any way..........

we have just come back from a caribean cruice and the '' pied piepr group'' were on the ship and we had a ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if we go to mykonos for 2 weeks and book everything oursleves etc etc.where would u recomend we stay.......

i ooften watch '' shirley valentine''......go on laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!

and mykonos looks very pretty.............we have been to many greek islands but never the cyclades...........

we would like an apartment with a pool where we can relax.......swim...walk.....eat...............and drink...of course...........and a good beach access............enjoy new friends............etc etc etc.....

please help.............

YAMMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXX

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
907 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

choc56uk

'we know mykonos is meant to be a holiday place for happy 'gay' people.and we are not put off by this or offended in any way..........'

Mykonos is for everyone. Read this forum and you will quickly realise that. Gay, straight, lesbian - everyone gets along and that's the way it should be. I don't want YOU to be offended when I say that I almost WAS when I read your paragraph, quoted above. No need to wrap a sexual orientation with quotes.

So, the people here will help you as much as we can but we need a lot more information.

Do you want to lodge in Mykonos town or close to the beaches. Can you tell us your budget per night? When will you be travelling to the island?

Let us know and we will help you as much as we can.

Regards,

Jon

Greater London...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

Wow choc56uk, what a way to start a question.

You will get loads of help here though. We've been reading this forum for a couple of years now and before each trip we copied out the great details provided by regulars. Much better than any guide book.

The need to give more information though.

london
Level Contributor
185 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

No offended at all! Give us some idea of price. You cannot have it all in Mykonos - you either stay at a beach and most of them do not have a sunset view - except the Shirley V beach OR you stay in town and travel to the beaches...easy by bus or boat or hire a car.

I like staying in town then I can decide what to do on the day - Delos, shopping, pool or beach....pretty simple needs really!

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

hithere..............

thanks fro replys ..........oh sorry if it looks any way offensive.ill be carefull the way i type ...............lol.................

we would be going end of july through to august x 2 weeks...........

apartments / near beach poss/ with a few tavernas to eat at...........

we mainly like to swim in pool and laze around ..............get on a bus occasionly and walk in the afternoos out of the sun.........

with a package we are looking at 550 each for 2 weeks............( kosmar ) but i dont know of any other tour operators right now who go there.........

i love this site as u will see from my prev posts we have travelled a bit and always use this site for info..im a bit of an internet queeen !!!!!!!!!!!!!

love yas !!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
907 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

Hi choc56uk

Thanks for getting back to us and I hope this helps.

Kosmar are playing a strange game this year. I know from a travel agent friend that not long after Excel Airways bought them, things began to change. About only a month ago they began to cancel some self-catering apartments on many islands. So, although the apartments/studios appear in their brochure those they have stopped using no longer appear on their website. Therefore, if you are using the brochure it might be better just to check the property is still listed on their web site. If it isn't, then they have stopped using them. On another travel forum I read a message from someone saying their already-booked self catering holiday with Kosmar to Mykonos had been cancelled and no alternative accommodation offered!

Here are some studios/self catering apartments to check out. I haven’t used any of them so can't give a recommendation but each are close to a beach with tavernas, which you kind of indicated you'd prefer. Some have a pool too! There are others in town also, so if you need details of those get back to us here and more addresses will follow, I am sure.

There are good local bus connections to the places mentioned, to and from town. If you enjoyed Shirley Valentine then much of it was filmed at Agios Ioannis where some of these studios are located.

http://www.mina-studios.gr/ at Plati Yialos/Psarou (Mina Studios)

http://www.apartmentsmykonos.com/ at Agios Ioannis (Manoulas Apartments)

http://www.rocharistudios.com/ at Agios Ioannis (Rochari studios)

http://www.esperides-apartments.gr/ at Plati Yialos (Esperides Apartments)

http://www.baybees.gr/ at Plati Yialos (Bay Bees Studios)

http://www.mykonosstudios.com/ at Glastros (Anna Marie Studios)

You MIGHT be able to find that renting directly is cheaper but as someone here recently said, that isn’t always the case. There are now flights to the island from the UK by British Airways, Excel and Astraeus that you can book directly with the airlines then add the cost of the studios to it and perhaps it will be cheaper than the 1100 euros quote you have.

I've mentioned here before (and it is worth knowing this especially as you will be there at the hottest time of year), usually with any apartments rented from Kosmar you must pay for air conditioning locally. That can add between 5 to 7 euros per night. Some of their studios offer safe custody facilities and if you need that, then you must pay locally for those too. Those services are not included in the price you have been quoted unless they specifically say so. That's rare. I used to use them a lot but stopped because, after adding those additional services to the cost, it really mounted up. Some of the above studios if booked direct say that air conditioning/safety deposit is included in the room rate per night.

I think that Olympic Holidays, another UK holiday company also offer studios so it might be worth checking their website out. If there are others then I am sure folks here will come along and let you know.

Regards,

Jon

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

jon .thanks very much for all the info

we will be landing in mykonos with a ferry to naxos for approx 10 nights and then on our return we will stay in myko..for about 3/4 nights

the flights are cheaper with xcel airways and making the apartment/hotel booking seperate....

kosmar are about 100 £ more expensive p.p

weve often booked things individually depending on where we are going.............

but mykonos and naxos look very pretty in the sunshine...........

chat later xxxx

7. Re: cple age 51/ married / straight/.............please answer..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos