We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips from Mykonos

portland, oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day trips from Mykonos

I will be in Mykonos for four days, and want to make a day trip to another island..any suggestions? We will go to Delos, certainly, but is there another island nearby worthy of going to that can be reached in a day's round trip ferry travel? It would be nice to get somewhere in the late morning, spend the day and return before dark.

mco

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trips from Mykonos

I will suggest that you check for day excursions when you are there (if you aim for islands like Parios and Naxos). Mykonos is off the main route, but here may be local excursions when you check.

Otherwise, there are opportunities to go to Tinos and Syros,

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trips from Mykonos

Hi mco972

I would suggest that you go to Tinos for the day. It is only 35 mins in the ferry from Mykonos. You can get the 7.30am "Theologos P" from the new port ( 5 Euros each way) or the 8.30am " Aqua Jewel" from the old port. Then you can have the whole day on Tinos. There are several ferries to choose from for your return journey. The last being the 9.30pm from Tinos to get you back to Mykonos New port at around 10.10pm. (check the availability at one of the ticket agencies in Mykonos as schedules tend to change at weekends).

Try to go midweek as Tinos can get busy at weekends.

Tinos is a beautiful mountainous island with lots of pretty mountain villages. It has a completely different feel, atmosphere & culture to Mykonos. If you do not want to hire transport when there (recommended if you want to really see the island) then I would suggest getting the 11am bus to Falatados & Steni to see some real greek villages. You can also visit the villages of Dio Horia & Triandaros, a very picturesque village, on the way back to Tinos town. Tinos town itself is well worth a visit & the church of The Virgin Mary must not be missed.

You can also go to Syros or Paros. Amongst others, The Seajet 2 goes to Paros (16.50 Euros each way). 1 hour journey.

The easiest trip however is Tinos.

portland, oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: day trips from Mykonos

Thanks...very helpful information. Tinos sounds like a lovely antidote to Mykonos

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
468 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trips from Mykonos

Tinos is indeed lovely, and if you can, I would advice to rent a car and go to the northern villages.

Have a nice trip!

5. Re: day trips from Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 12:21