We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

Traveling to Greece from June 30- Aug 13..staying a few days in my dads village then going to the islands from Aug 3-11..going to Santorini first then Naxos then Mykonos. For Santorini and Naxos we have found some affordable villas/appartments for 100 Euros or less. Having a little trouble with Mykonos though. Any suggestions? Also, is the standard ferries suggested or the highspeeds? I would like to get to Santorini in 4 hours instead of 8 but I have not heard the best about the highspeeds. I have also heard it's easy to find a place to stay at the ports from locals offering stays, is this the truth. Any suggestions for my trip would be best. Im going with my wife, we are both 30. We like to party but are mostly beach people. Not that interested in clubs but more like drinking at tavernas. Any help would be great. Cheers.

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

Sorry that is July 30th not June.

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

Is that Deadhead as in Grateful Dead? We are going to Greece in September and staying in Athens 2 nights and Santorini 4 nights. We have 4 nights to stay somewhere else. What have you heard about Mykonos? It got some bad reviews here.

Uk
Level Contributor
442 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

if you are deadheads....you're probably be horrified with the music that pumps out in Mykonos although Paso Doble bar in town plays rock n roll kinda stuff alot.

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

Thanks Doogieforever. Yes we are deadheads, but we're OK with all kinds of music. we are going to Greece in September and were doing Mykonos 4 nights, Santorini 4, and Athens 2. Now someone that lived in Greece says I should do Crete instead of Mykonos, What do you think? I'm off to work, I'll check back later, Thanks!

Uk
Level Contributor
442 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

I don't really know...every Greek island is completely different and so unless you go to all , through time it is really impossible to compare and know what you personally would like. I don't know Crete at all so i can't comment, I do know its a BIG island. I have friends who live there and I am way overdue a visit.

Mykonos, has great variety of beaches ....great food and definately cosmopolitan as I have never eaten as well on any other greek island...fancy shopping...the narrow streets in town are really charming. early mornings in the harbour in september are beautiful.

It depends what you want out of your holiday...whichever island you choose September is such a lovely month and you'll have a grate !!! time xxx ps i met Bob Weir in thailand a few years back, didn't know who he was at first...what a great guy, him and his friends even put on a little local gig for us.

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

Hi Doogieforever. Thanks for the info. We decided on Mykonos (4 nights) Santorini (4), Athens (2). Hope that's good. And for us deadheads, sure would have loved to be there for your Bob Weir encounter ! We're going to see him (with his band Ratdog) (ratdog.org) in a couple of weeks. Thanks again, Lily

7. Re: Traveling to Mykonos Aug 8-11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 19:17