We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Tagoo

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
143 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Tagoo

So from my research, it seems like Hotel Tagoo is very popular. I know it's a good location, close to the center-does that mean it's close to the nightlife (within walking distance)?

Also, are the main beaches easily accessible? Is there a bus stop near by?

Tahnks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Tagoo

We stayed at Hotel Tagoo at the end of September and yes, it is within walking distance of the Town center -- about a 10- to 15-minute walk. It takes slightly less time to walk to the bus station where you can catch buses to Elia beach; buses to Platis Gialos and Psarou beaches depart from a separate bus station on the opposite side of Mykonos Town. (If you do stay at Tagoo, Anna, the very personable and energetic hotel manager, will happily give you all the information you will need to find your way to bus stations, beaches, nightlife, restaurants and other island attractions.)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Tagoo

I visit mykonos every year and im going to a specific hotel which is one of the best of mykonos town and allways im tottaly satisfied,but believe me due to the reviews of Tagoo next year im planning a visit to hotel tagoo,i had the same question so now im about to make a reservation there...; )

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Tagoo

Tagoo is a simple, basic hotel but it has a lot of positive features: it's clean and comfortable; it offers very reasonable room rates (especially considering it's in Mykonos) and provides a light self-serve breakfast; it's in a good location with close proximity to Mykonos Town; it offers a friendly, laid-back, and no-attitude atmosphere; it has wonderful sunset and panoramic views (from the hotel terrace, you can see all the way from Mykonos Town on your left to the ferry port at Tourlos on your right); it has a fairly large swimming pool; and it boasts wonderful staff hospitality (in particular Anna, who I think is hands-down the best host we've ever had the pleasure to meet at a hotel -- anywhere).

If your preference for holiday accommodation is a posh, trendy, boutique hotel with uber-chic designer interiors that would attract the attention of Wallpaper or Conde Nast Traveler magazines, and cost you a huge chunk of cash, Tagoo is not the place for you. But if you want clean, simple, comfortable and friendly accommodation for a price that won't drain your bank account, Tagoo is just the ticket. (Another plus: with the money you save staying at Tagoo instead of a plush boutique hotel property, you can splurge and treat yourself to dinner at some of the island's upscale restaurants without blowing your budget!)

On previous trips to Mykonos, we've stayed at hotels that were substantially more sophisticated and expensive than Tagoo -- Petasos Beach, Myconian Imperial and Myconian Ambassador. While we enjoyed staying at those hotels very much, we liked Tagoo best of all. It didn't take much time after arriving at the hotel for us to see why Tagoo is rated so highly here on TripAdvisor.

I would especially recommend Tagoo for people who are travelling to Mykonos for the first time. Anna welcomes guests with an informative orientation meeting (and a shot of ouzo!), and happily answers any questions people have about things to do and see on the island, and how to get there, throughout their stay.

We took a number of photos in and around Hotel Tagoo and plan to upload them to our online photo albums soon; I'll update this message thread when those pictures are available for viewing.

los angeles
Level Contributor
143 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Tagoo

Donnyb, thanks so much for that detailed and well put description of the hotel. That is exactly what I want and will go for this hotel.

Thanks again.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
45 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Tagoo

DonnyB's review is 100% accurate. I was there in September and was delighted by the experience. The beds are very simple and kind of hard/firm but I noticed that all through Europe at hotels in this price range. It's not luxury, it's simplicity, but it's very clean and therefore very well-priced for the value. The value as everyone says is mostly in Anna and her staff. It feels more like a B&B than a hotel and that makes all the difference to me when I'm in a new place. Anna is very good at making people feel welcome and she extends that reception throughout your stay, not just at check-in. Thanks to everyone on the message board for sharing the info that made my vacation a good one.

I'm a huge fan of TripAdvisor; I'm finding the quality of the posts to be excellent.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Tagoo

Just following up on my earlier note about photos .... I have added some pics of Hotel Tagoo to my online Webshots albums. They can be viewed anytime at the following link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/donnyb1507

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Tagoo

You definitely won't go wrong by staying at Hotel Tagoo! We decided to spend 4 nights there in September after reading the rave reviews on TripAdviosr. It was our first visit to Greece and we will never forget our wonderful stay at Hotel Tagoo!!!! The rooms are very clean and the atmosphere is very laid back. Anna and her staff go above and beyond to make their hotel feel like your home during your stay. Everyone is so incredibly friendly. The short walk to town is not bad at all. The views are fantastic! If we ever visit Mykonos again (I mean WHEN we visit Mykonos again), we will definitely return to Hotel Tagoo

8. Re: Hotel Tagoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 17:20