We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos in April

East Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
115 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Mykonos in April

I am wanting to plan a trip to Mykonos in the beginning of April of 2009. I'm starting to wonder if hotels are open there in April. Could someone help me out with this question and what the weather might be like that time of year?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos in April

Welcome teedeeandchelchel:-) Sounds like you've got some plans already in progress for early April but could you possibly make it May? Although many hotels do begin operation in Apri, the weather can be super 'iffy' at that time...can be sunny/warm or you can easily get cloudy/rainy weather! Wouldn't plan on any swimming at that time....Most places (cafes, tavernas, etc.) usually start opening up early May so it will still be on the 'quiet side' except for the local businesses open for the year-round residents! You're travelling a distance so if it's the sunny isle/beach experience you're looking for, would plan it a bit later:-)) Happy planning and Enjoy!

Lux
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos in April

In town some hotels are open year round. Tourist hotels open with the first charterflights arriving beginning May. Next year the Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday is on April 19th. Some hotels open for the feast and close again. The weather? Nobody knows. Statistics say: day 14°C-19°, night 10°C-14°. Wind 4Bft. Sometimes little rain.

H2

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos in April

Hi

I was in Mykonos the first week of May 2008.

While the weather was great mid 70's and sunny, the water was way too cold to swim in. That was a shame because it is so beautiful. Also nightlife was dead except for the weekend. If I were to go again it would be the last week in May or first week in June before it gets crazy busy.

One more hint check out when Greek Easter is next year as that will affect travel to the islands. This year it was April 28.

Gbow

4. Re: Mykonos in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 20:20