We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

Hello,

I have planned a trip to Mykonos as part of a larger vacation in Greece.

We arrive in Mykonos on 31 August at 1:05 pm and are staying for 2 nights. We depart from Mykonos port at 2:45 pm on 2 September.

We are staying at Vienoula's Garden, which is within walking distance of Mykonos town. We are not planning on having a car (yet).

We like to do a little bit of everything: sightseeing, beach, shopping, nightlife, and ESPECIALLY restaurants.

Since we only have 2 days, what's the best way to fill our time? We'd like to try and do a bit of everything and get the best Mykonos bang for the brief stay we are there for.

I searched the forum quite extensively, but can't find much that works with our limited schedule. Any assistance would be truly appreciated. Thanks!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

Do you want to see the beaches on Mykonos?

If you do, you can take a bus to Platis Giallos in the morning, spend some time there, and then take the water taxi to a few other beaches (Paradise, Super Paradise, Elias) and then take the bus back to town.

I would do that on the second day.

On the first day you can wander through the town. I think that is the best part of Mykonos. Getting lost in the little winding streets. You have to see Little Venice and the windmills.

If you like shopping, there is a LOT of shopping on Mykonos.

I will let someone else tell you about the restaurants, cause the only name I can remember is Maerion. I dont remember where it is, as it took me 2 hours to find it. Its very good, and very small. I am pretty sure I walked past it 10 times lol.

You will love Mykonos. I fell in love with it when I was there, and I cant wait to go back!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

Your visit may be brief, but you'll have plenty of time to see and do a lot.

Since you arrive on Mykonos just past 1 pm on a Sunday, you could spend the afternoon exploring the streets, shops and galleries of Mykonos Town and having lunch, watching the sunset (perhaps over a cocktail at a seaside bar in Little Venice or from the hillside where the five famous windmills sit), going for dinner and then checking out the nightspots. Monday could be your beach day, during which you could either take a local bus to one specific beach of your choice, or beach "hop" using the caiques (shuttle taxi boats) that travel between Platis Gialos beach and Paradise, Super Paradise, Elia and Agrari beaches. (It's just a short ride by local bus from Mykonos Town to reach the Platis Gialos dock where the shuttle boats arrive and depart.)

Alternatively, you could take the bus to Platis Gialos and walk from there to several of the nearby beaches, including Psarou, Paraga, and Paradise. The walks from Platis Gialos to the other beaches are quite scenic, along the coast, and each beach has tavernas where you could stop for refreshments. After your day of beach activities, you'll have the evening and night free for dining and nightclubbing (unless you've already started partying at either Paradise or Super Paradise beach.)

Since your departure on Tuesday isn't until midafternoon, you'll have lots of time to wander around Mykonos Town some more and enjoy a leisurely lunch either next to the water at Little Venice or somewhere in the maze of town streets.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

Maerion is a wonderful little restaurant indeed (emphasis on little; it has only a half dozen tables inside and no more than three outside, at night). Maerion is located at 16 Kalogera Street partway between the Phillipi Hotel and another very popular and frequently-recommended Mykonos restaurant called Avra.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

Doesnt it only have one table outside? Maybe they add more to the other side of the alley.

It also opens at 7! I got there at 6, cause as a canadian, I eat dinner early lol, and I had to walk around (not too far away though, cause I was scared I wouldnt find it again) and wait till it opened.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

They add another table on the other side of the street after the market across the way closes (about 9:00).

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

There is only one table right outside the door to Maerion. That's where we sat. But once the little market on the other side of Kalogera Street closes for the night, Maerion staff set up two more tables on the step there.

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

Thanks to everyone for all the advice!! This really helps - much appreciated.

8. Re: Need help planning for Mykonos stay, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 14:20