We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

Looking to come 19th-28th what can we expect in terms of business?

Will there still be beach parties and bussling place??

Many thanks

Gareth

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

Yes it will be ok...why not??is nt the end of the season and i believe Semptember is much better month for the island than August...witht the crowds and the double prices..now it would be ideal....the season is ending at the end of Octomber..so Semptember is still reasonably busy...

clubs will be open....the ajor clubing events are ending in the second week of Semptember but this oesnt mean the clubs will be close....all the entertainment will be operational ...

Enjoy!!

Izmir, Turkey
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

No, most probably it will be dead. You will be bored.

Izmir, Turkey
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

When you return from Mykonos, can you promise to write back your opinions about this island?Your trip will not worth it as it will be the end of season.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

hewhodares dont pay attention!!!

This member has turn to be a troll....

It will not be dead....she has been once to Mykonos and she knows everything...

I have been 10 times and i dont know nothing....during to her.....has started a provocation agaist the island...there are thousands of reviews in TA mYkonos hotels you can read them....

dont pay attention.....

Izmir, Turkey
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

Hi Gas,

Why are you so in a panic? Why do not you leave the decision to hewhodares and share his objective thoughts after his visit to your favourite Mykonos island? On the other hand, I invite you to be more respectful about the visitor's thoughts here on this beautiful web page. Negative thoughts on Mykonos do not have to cause a rude communication. Just consider the new port of the island, in September can he wait for a boat in the wind? (The port is even without a building!) If we would have this port in Turkey, what would you write here? Let me guess.. EU would stop the membership negotioations with Turkey! haha

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

Lets start taking our own advice..

"Why do not you leave the decision to hewhodares and share his objective thoughts after his visit to your favourite Mykonos island?"

How about you go with the same rules? You say, It will be dead, you will be bored. Have you been there in September? Have you been there more then once? Have you even considered that you have not the only opinion on this site?

Mykonos will not be dead actually. And I am sure that just because you found that you were "too good" for this island, doesnt mean that everyone will find Mykonos to be a super touristic and "non-traditional" Greek island!!

How dare you come in to the forums with a bitter and very limited knowledge of an island, and try to sour others towards going there!

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

Gareth

I've been to the island at the end of September, and it was one of my favourite times to visit.

The town is quieter, the weather still warm and the island has a nice feel about it. Strolls through the town in the afternoons were great and in the evenings the town is still busy.

The bars and clubs are good at this time of year but not packed out as they are in mid-summer, just as Gas mentions. (I've visited those bars and clubs in July and August and believe me, they sometimes ain't a lot of fun - way too many folks!)

The evenings can be a little cooler, especially your last week, so perhaps take a light jacket with you especially if it is windy. Also, the local shops had some superb bargains as it is getting closer to the end of the season.

Can't comment on the beach parties but perhaps some of the other regular users can.

Jon

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

I wouldnt expect a travel forum turned to a political issue...and actually this is your major problem...as i was suspected you from your location....

first of all anyone can have their opinion...(greeks first teach that,learn it to be closer to EU by the way)...but you provide fake infos...this is my fact....

and have an opinion from an island you visit once and for a while...and you wrote Semptember is empty dont go...shows exactly your bad mood....

Im in panic??...to help you a little ....we werent expect you after thousands posts to make us panic...

as for Turkey membership....why dont you suggest instead of Mykonos to visit Bodrum??

where on the ancient greek theatres there are gigantic advertisements of Ericson and other companies..."proud supporters of the monuments lighting".......

a walk in the bazzars will be also good idea...there they can found thousands of cheap jackets and plastic sandals....

Who have time to go to expensive Mykonos after that???

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

And how dare you call Gas disrespectful towards members!! You know nothing of what you speak! You think you know what you are talking about, after a few posts you think you know it all!!

Was the wind a bit too much for you at the port? did you think it would sweep you into the water? Oh my god! Wind!! And narrow Alleys!! That, by the way, are to protect from the wind!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Myknos End of Sept -Is it dead or Alive?!?!

"I've been to the island at the end of September, and it was one of my favourite times to visit.

The town is quieter, the weather still warm and the island has a nice feel about it. Strolls through the town in the afternoons were great and in the evenings the town is still busy.

"Gareth you are lier!!!

you dont want Turkey in EU..say it!!!!Just say it :)))