We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Markets

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Food Markets

Hey Everyone,

One of the things I love to do when I am traveling is visit the local food markets and pick up some fresh food. Are there any markets in Mykonos? Are they open every day?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Markets

No idea re: markets, but there will definitely be grocer's and greengrocer's shops that sell fresh food.

If there are open air markets, they are probably weekly.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
772 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Markets

HMSD2005

I did see some local vendors selling fruit and vegetables down at the old port along the seafront.

This was in the morning.

Gbow

Mykonos Town, Greece
Level Contributor
763 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Markets

Thought I had already answered yesterday but I must have forgotten to press submit...

There is a few supermarkets and also fruit and veg shops right in the center, which are obviously more expensive than the ones outside town. You can also find an organic shop in the center.

Every day in the mornings you will see local farmers and fishermen selling fresh fruit and veg and fish down by the waterfront.

4. Re: Food Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 06:17