We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Mykonos.?????

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Mykonos.?????

i have a young couple who will be honeymooning in Mykonos for the first 2 nights of their trip. Any suggestions as to them being in a certain area that is most convenient to what they might want to do as tourists....This is just their first stop in a several island trip within the cyclades. Also...are they any "not to be missed" things they need to see or do while in Mykonos??? Thanks in advance for all the help from my tripadvisor friends!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in Mykonos.?????

Do they have any preferences? Proximity to beach? Access to swimming pool? Interested in nightlife? Budget? Also, when will they be there, as that might make a difference too (for example, no point in suggesting a beach location if they're there in the middle of winter).

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in Mykonos.?????

Thank you for asking for specifics...How helpful it would have been for me to put that out the first time!!!!

They are traveling in May....proximity to beach is prob not the most important. I would say a view and being close to what is the must see's in Mykonos. They will have down, relaxing time in Santorini so Mykonos is more of a do what is important to do and see on the island. They are young so some nightlife, but partying is not first on the list. Budget is moderate . They are not looking luxury, but nice and something special or quaint would be great. They want to experience Greece, so a local wonderful small hotel would be great!!!

Thanks again for responding...I hope this additional information makes it easier to answer me!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in Mykonos.?????

We like the convenience of Mykonos Bay Hotel in Megali Ammos (Big Sands..not)..just at the edge of Mykonos Town (a 10 minute walk), on a small crescent of beach, with great views of the Windmills, the Port, and Beyond.. Clean, comfortable with a great salt water pool, and lots of 'space'.

The property is well appointed, comfortable, and all of their rooms have balconies, and a better than usual breakfast,..wonderful owner and staff.

Still, one of the "better buys" in Mykonos lodging...rent a car (just a second away), at Auto Rene, and explore..Mykonos is small ..so in a day., you can see most of the island...the "must see" here is Mykonos town. Hope they have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
1,024 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Megali Ammos
Megali Ammos
123 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
123 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in Mykonos.?????

They should also check out hotels such as Kouros or Vencia.The are small boutique hotels at a reasonanle price in convinient locations , since imediate beach access is not an issue.

Mentioned in this post
Kouros Hotel & Suites
Kouros Hotel & Suites
877 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Vencia Hotel
Vencia Hotel
1,658 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
5. Re: Best area to stay in Mykonos.?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 21:17