We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry tickets

glasgow
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
ferry tickets

can anyone advise how to purchase ferry tickets for an early morning ferry from Piraeus to Mykonos, is it advisable to purchase at ferry terminal or online before leaving UK? Also is it cheaper to buy at ferry terminals or online for further island hopping?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry tickets

Hi,

Depends on when you are going. If it's the hi-season from late July-August then it's preferable to book ferries. Off that season then just buy as required in Piraeus/Rafina or island ports.

Ferry tickets are the same price in the ports or if you reserve online with the ferry company itself and pickup tickets in Greece. If you want actual tickets then I think they charge extra to send them to you in UK.

You might also consider Rafina port rather than Piraeus. There are more ferries from there to Mykonos, slightly cheaper and nearer Athens airport.

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry tickets

I've always bought my tickets at the port or at the airport on arrival. I have to say though I always travel after 15th August and I'm not travelling to Mykonos all the time.

glasgow
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry tickets

Thanks for all the valuable info, travelling in June so should be ok to purchase on arrival

glasgow
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry tickets

Thanks, havnt travelled to Athens before, didnt realise could purchase ferry tickets at airport, that will save some time since early departure next mornig to Mykonos

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry tickets

Hey and welcome alfGlasgow:-) You'll find 2 travel agencies there right in the arrivals hall where you'll be exiting after luggage retrieval..doesn't get any easier;-) Here's the link the airport's official site.. www.aia.gr/ Have fun..and EnjOY!

Edited: 18 March 2011, 17:12
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry tickets

>>Thanks, havnt travelled to Athens before, didnt realise could purchase ferry tickets at airport, that will save some time since early departure next mornig to Mykonos<<

It doesn't make much difference, even if you arrive 15 mins before the ferry departs, there is still time to purchase your tickets at the port, but by all means buy at the airport if you prefer.

7. Re: ferry tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:16