We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Mykonos itinerary and Accomodation

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Mykonos itinerary and Accomodation

Hi everyone,

Need some advice as I will be going to Mykonos this coming mid to end August and understand it's a peak period hence will like to find out on recommended number of days to spend in Mykonos and nice reasonably priced accomodation.

1) If my objective is to relax and take in beautiful sunsets, beaches and some major attractions ie historic sites/ruins, how many days will you advice for Mykonos? Will 3 days be sufficient?

What are some beaches you will recommend to visit?

2) For accomodation, is it better to stay in Mykonos town itself or are there any other towns which are very accessible if we are not intending to drive? If we have a budget of max €120 per night, are there some nice Bed and Breakfast with nice balcony and chairs with sunset views to recommend for this price? Do B&B offer free airport transfer? And how far is airport from main Mykonos town?

3) Is there public transport in Mykonos?

4) Any nice restaurants we can go for authentic Greek food?

Thanks so much for your help. Appreciate it.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Mykonos itinerary and Accomodation

Surfy,

I think you will find responses to many of your request if you search the forums for restaurants and accomodations, but here are my two cents:

1) 3 days will be sufficient. I will be there 4 days in early September and we usually spend ours days at the beach and wander the town, restaurants, and bars in town in the evening. My favorite beach is Elia, but there are many others choose from (Paradise, Super Paradise, etc.).

2) I prefer to stay in town, there is public transport on the island, but if you are staying far from town it may be difficult to get a cab late at night or you will have to make sure you are on the last bus to your destination.

Most of the hotels do not offer free transportation especially those that charge only 120E per night.

3) Yes, there are buses that run to the main areas of the island.

4) I have not been to Mykonos in a couple of years, but if you do a search you can see some recent revies of places to eat.

Enjoy,

James

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Mykonos itinerary and Accomodation

Quote Grtgatsby: "or you will have to make sure you are on the last bus to your destination".

Or on the first in the morning ...

C.

3. Re: Advice on Mykonos itinerary and Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 06:17