We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money exchange in banks

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
money exchange in banks

Yes, I know that the best exchange rate is from the ATMs. But what if I have some cash, are there banks that will exchange $ to Euros? I prefer to exchange money at the banks than at the travel agencies.

In the past, almost all banks in Italy would exchange $ to Euros, but lately, very few do. The rate at the banks is very good.

If anyone know of any banks, please let me know the name(s). Thanks!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,034 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money exchange in banks

Check this link but do scroll down. Be sure to take your passport when exchanging money.

Level Contributor
3 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money exchange in banks

If you have a Bank of America ATM card then you have several different bank options in Europe. In Italy it is Bank National (BNL). I only found ONE in Rome that was handy; not too far from the Coliseum. I also found one at the Verona train station.

In Germany, Deutsche Bank is BOA's exchange partner. In Munich, as I imagine in the rest of Germany, they are everywhere!

Good luck.

3. Re: money exchange in banks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 07:18