We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

Hello.

I am flying out of Athens on october 5th, but am coming directly from mykonos. If we are going straight from mykonos to the airport would you recommend the rafina port or the main port? Do both have frequent enough ferries in early october and an easy route from the ferry to the airport?

It looks like we will have to stay the night near the airport and fly out early in the morning from athens. Can somebody recommend a hotel that is very close to the airport, perhaps with shuttle service?

Thanks

Jules

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

There should be a ferry from Mykonos to Rafina at 7.35am and a catamaran at 11.50am on the day you travel.Ferry arrives 12.10 and cat at 2pm.It is easy to get to the airport from Rafina about 30 minutes by bus as it is a fair bit closer than Piraeus. At the airport there is a very good Sofitel hotel within easy strolling distance of departures.

The only ferry currently showing as going to Piraeus leaves at 2.10pm and arrives there at 7.45pm.It is about 1 1/2 hours by express bus from there to the airport.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

Thankyou so much for your help. That answers all of my questions, we will definitely try for the catamaran at 11:50.

Jules

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

If you are ferrying to Rafina, you may want to spend the night in a hotel there, since Rafina is close to the airport anyway. I've stayed at the Avra, which has nice views of the harbour. I've also stayed at the airport Sofitel, handy for very early morning flights. Think about how you want to spend your time between the 2pm cat arrival and flight departure the next morning. :o)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

Thank you Heimdall! We have just booked the Avra hotel because it looks like there is more things to do from 2pm on. We have an early flight at 8:15 the next day, but I'm sure that we will be able to make it to the airport by taxi or shuttle. ANy particular restaurant around that hotel that you recommend?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

There is a rooftop bar/restaurant right next to the Avra which I have used for its convenience, but that was after a late evening arrival in Rafina and an early morning ferry to Mykonos the next day. Suggest you check into the hotel, then have a walk around Rafina to check out the choices.

6. Re: Mykonos to the airport. Rafina or main port & where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 10:18