We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rentals, beaches in late March

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
car rentals, beaches in late March

We are going to be arriving in Mykonos in late March for the day. One daughter insists we go to a beach even though it will likely be under 70 degrees. I feel kind of silly asking this, but will any beaches have have any chairs etc. available in late March? Or is everything pretty empty? Also, it appears many of the car rentals are not opened. Does anyone know of car rental that might be opened in March?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rentals, beaches in late March

I will be very surprised if any beaches have lounge chairs and umbrellas available at that time .... we usually visit Mykonos in mid to late May, and at that time crews are still installing or just beginning to install the sunbeds. Your best bet might be Platis Gialos beach (some of the beachside tavernas operate loungers out front, and may have some theirs set up) or Ornos beach.

I used to recommend OK Car Rentals because I have personally had a good experience with them and know others who have, as well. A former Mykonos destination expert also recommended OK. However, a couple of travellers have posted serious complaints about them here in the forum.

Another regular traveller to Mykonos, TA member Capricebar, has posted this information in response to other requests for car rental recommendations:

"I have been coming to the island for 21 yrs a couple of times a year and have always used Mustang Car Hire which is situated 75 meters from the bus station in Fabrika square. His service is really good and he is a local guy who is very helpful to say the least !! We have never had any problems of any sort . His name is Giannis and his mobile number is 00306944520650"

Hope this helps.

2. Re: car rentals, beaches in late March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 05:19