We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nammos - early June?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Nammos - early June?

We will be in Mykonos in the beginning of June and one item on our list was beach/late lunch/drinks at Nammos. Will it be festive/busy in early June? Our choices are to go on Sunday June 2nd or Monday June 3rd. Figured Sunday might be more "fun" but wondering if this early in the season we will be the only patrons?! Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nammos - early June?

Don't worry, you won't be the only patrons. Last year in late May Mykonos was quite dead overall, but Nammos was far from empty the times when I went past. Though there weren't many people using the sunbeds out front, the restaurant itself was quite lively. By the end of May tourist traffic to Mykonos really picked up, so if the same holds true for this season you should enjoy the atmosphere at Nammos.

NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nammos - early June?

Thanks! Do you think Sunday will be more fun than Monday? (Sunday is logistically a little more complicated but can make either work). Thanks again!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nammos - early June?

I really can't say if Sunday would be any better, because in the past couple of years I haven't noticed a significant difference in how busy the island was on a weekend day compared to a weekday. Logically, though, one could assume Sunday would be slightly busier with people from Athens visiting the island for the weekend, but a lot of the Nammos clientele can travel any time they want and don't have to be in an office early the next morning.

However, a cruise timetable website I checked shows that there will be 6 ships calling into Mykonos on the Sunday, compared to only 2 on the Monday. So there will be a few thousand more people on the island on the Sunday. Whether any of them will be going to Nammos can't be known, of course, but their presence should make the island a little livelier overall. I'm sure some of the cruisers will wind up going to Psarou beach for part of their port time (I met a group of Americans from a cruise ship there last year).

I personally wouldn't worry about which day to go. Psarou is a beautiful beach area and I'm sure that sitting in Nammos with its open air view of the gorgeous bay would be enjoyable any day of the week.

NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nammos - early June?

thanks so much, i really appreciate the input!

5. Re: Nammos - early June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 05:17