We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

Hello!

Does anyone have experience with booking ferry tickets online with danae.gr? They are recommended on this forum, but when I go to book, they want me to select a pick up option. I would rather print my own tickets in advance, but this is not an option. We are flying to Mykonos from Istanbul, then ferry to Santorini. Two options are to pick up the tickets in Athens. We won't be there! Then they offer hotel delivery- this makes me nervous! I want the tickets in hand. Anyone know of a website where I can print them myself? Any suggestions appreciated!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

You cannot print your own tickets -there are no electronic tickets on Greek ferries. Why would you want to book with danae and go through all that hassle if you can book directly with the respective ferry company (Hellenic Seaways or SeaJets) and pick up the tickets from their agents in Mykonos?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

If you are transiting through Athens International Airport on the way to Mykonos you can opt to pick up the tickets at Amphitrion Holidays: http://www.danae.gr/faq.asp#part9_2 . If you are flying non-stop to Mykonos it would be better to book directly with the ferry company and pick up your tickets there. You will be given a reference number to use when you pick up your tickets from an agent on Mykonos.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

Even if you book online directly with the Hellenic seaways, you cannot print your tickets. I guess I have no choice. We are not going through Athens. Flight is direct and we leave the next day for Santorini. I am just worried about the timing of finding ticket offices, etc. Guess I will do the pickup in Mykonos.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

You cannot print you own tickets no matter which company you book with but unlike some third party agents like danae.gr Hellenic Seaways has agents in Mykonos Town (Delia Travel and Island Mykonos Travel) from where you can pick up your tickets.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,840 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

Just book your tickets direct with Hellenic Seaways and pickup paper tickets in Mykonos.

There is no problem with that.

The local island ticket agencies are there, it's one of their functions. They are both very close to Taxi Sq (Mavrogenous) in Mykonos town, you'll pass several times whilst on the island.

Some remote agency I have never recommended.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

Thats exactly what I needed to know:) Thanks!

7. Re: Danae.gr ticket orders- where to pick up??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:16