We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
37 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

I have mobility issues and would like to spend some time in the town of Mykonos when the boat docks. I understand that if the boat docks in the old town, we might be within walking distance, but if the boat docks in a newer port, we would need transportation. Would it be expensive to take a taxi? Thank you.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,371 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

A taxi ride from the New Port at Tourlos wouldn't be expensive. Can't give you a precise fare (the taxis on Mykonos have meters), but expect it should be around €5 or 6 each way.

Another option for getting to Town is to take the local bus. They run regularly past the port and there is a bus stop on the main road at the port exit/entrance. Bus fare is €1.60 each way.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

If you have mobility issues bear in mind the buses on Mykonos all have about 3 steep steps into the bus - they don't have low floors as the luggage space is underneath. I think a taxi between the new port and town would be a little more than €5 or 6. Last month I paid €13 from the airport to the new port so I would expect it to be €8 or 9.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

cruise ships will either anchor and tender and the boats will take you to the

old port right in town on the harbour, its flat but the cobbles are wobbly and uneven

this is very central.

or the ship will dock a new port at Tourlos, a regular bus goes from outside the new port to town and

aghios stephanos (the other way) which is a nice beach

taxis are non-existent and to get back there the taxi rank at the harbour is a huge line...taxis are easier to get a fabrika (bus station at top of town)

your cruise ship will provide shuttle coaches (big ones usually) to the town, stop off varies,

fabrika or the old port area, then its a flat walk round to the harbour and town.

as i said taxis are hard to find and get...expensive yes.

Edited: 17 July 2013, 16:21
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
37 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

Thank for your suggestions. I really appreciate them. It sounds as if taking a shuttle from the cruise ship would work best if taxis are not always available. I will hope that the cruise ship we are on does have shuttle busses. Thank you again.

NY
Level Contributor
147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

We paid $8 or $10 for an all day pass from the new port to the old town last year

6. Re: Best way to get from cruise ship to town of Mykonos and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:20