We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

Hi,

Between the 2 hotels - Apanema and Vencia Boutique which one has a better location? HOw far from Mykonos Town?

Which one is an overall better hotel? Prettier?

What about the view from the room? Which one is more amazing?

If someone can please provide some assistance, would greatly appreciate it.

THanks

Honey!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

Vencia is atop a hill with views overlooking Mykonos Town, in addition to panoramic sea and sunset views.

Apanema is on a hillside a short distance to the north of the town, so its views aren't as extensive and varied because it isn't as high up.

Both are about the same walking distance from town, but Apanema would be an easier walk because it's along a relatively flat road, while as I said Vencia is at the top of a hill above Town.

Haven't stayed at either but have heard very positive feedback about both.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

Hi,

Sorry... also adding Ostraco Suites to this.

Can you please let me know how Ostraco Suites compares to the Apanema and Vencia.

Thanks

Honey

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

Ostraco is in an altogether different area, also outside the town center on the hill above Mykonos Town. It's located across the very busy ring road that diverts traffic around Mykonos Town, and it's about a 15-minute or so walk downhill to Town (longer and more challenging hike back up).

Although it has sea views, I don't think its views would be comparable to the great ones from Vencia or Apanema. (Just look at the website photos as well as the pics people posted with their reviews; if there were superior views at Ostraco, I'm sure there would be pics of them). Have you checked out Ostraco's neighbour, Andronikos hotel? It's a nice property, particularly their recently remodelled suites and cocoon rooms.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

Stayed at the vencia 2years ago .

Lovely hotel views amazing,nightmare to walk back to if you cant get a cab.....taxis limited.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

Thanks TImmy.

I decided on Vencia! I can't wait.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

The Vencia's Karavaki restaurant has been getting rave reviews all summer ... sounds like a great spot to go for an excellent meal with an unbeatable view.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

Thanks Donnyb.

I'll be sure to check it out. :)

8. Re: Apanema or Vencia Boutique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 05:16