We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

31 solo traveler - August 21 to 25 - Suggestions + Meetup

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
31 solo traveler - August 21 to 25 - Suggestions + Meetup

Hi -

I am 31 and travelling solo for the first time (for vacation). I am staying at the Adronikos Hotel. My ideal vacation would be a mix of visiting nice beaches (I prefer crowded places where to meet people), visiting any interesting landmarks / ruins, light partying (bars more than clubs). Do you have any suggestions on where to go?

Also, any advice on how to know people to go out together for dinner / excursions? As I said, it's my first time travelling solo for vacation.

Finally, not sure if I am on topic asking here, but in case somebody has similar plans and want to meet up, well I would be very happy to :-)

All the best, and many thanks in advance.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 31 solo traveler - August 21 to 25 - Suggestions + Meetup

For interesting landmarks/ruins, take an excursion to Delos island.

For beaches, you have a choice of more than two dozen. The busiest will be Paradise, Paraga, Super Paradise and Elia, along with the two main "family" beaches, Platis Gialos and Ornos.

For light partying, just walk around Mykonos Town at night. Lots of bars to choose fro, especially in the Little Venice, Lakka and Tria Pigada areas.

You're bound to meet people right at your hotel so talk to people you see there, especially at breakfast. When I travelled solo to Mykonos other people at my hotel asked me to join them for lunches/dinner or beach time once they found out I was travelling by myself. Other ways to meet people would be by taking an island tour of some kind .... there are jeep tours that will take you right around the island, as well as a variety of boat tours that go to beaches and remote areas along the Mykonos coast, or to swimming spots on nearby Rinia island.

milano
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 31 solo traveler - August 21 to 25 - Suggestions + Meetup

Donnyb,

Thanks a ton for the precious info!

I am curious to learn more about the island tour that you suggested. Are there any companies that you would recommend?

Best,

Francesco

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 31 solo traveler - August 21 to 25 - Suggestions + Meetup

It's unfortunate you're not arriving one day earlier ... the Andronikos is having a Full Moon Party on August 20 on their swimming pool terrace. Would have been a good opportunity to meet a lot of other travellers while having a good time.

Aegean Ventures is just one of the companies that offers various boat tours. You can find more details on their website: http://aegean-ventures.com/

But you can also wait until you get to Mykonos, and check with the travel/ferry ticket offices in Mykonos Town to find out what tours are available, and at what prices, to see if you can find a better deal or another type of tour you might prefer.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 20:02
Level Contributor
1 post
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 31 solo traveler - August 21 to 25 - Suggestions + Meetup

I'm in the same situation as you

What do u recommend?

Tony

5. Re: 31 solo traveler - August 21 to 25 - Suggestions + Meetup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 06:21