We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area should I book a hotel

Houston
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Which area should I book a hotel

I am going to Mykonos for 4 nights in September with my wife to spend our one year anniversary and currently have the Paradision Hotel booked but can always cancel. I am looking at Cavo Tagoo, Mykonos Bay Hotel, Amazing View Hotel Apartments, Princess of Mykonos and others....we would like to be in the hills overlooking the ocean with the traditional white stoned hotels/homes, any recommendations on what area I should look at to book a hotel? We will probably be going into town a good amount for the night life and food, but would like the ability to relax on our balcony and take in the scenery if we wanted to relax.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Hotel Paradision
Hotel Paradision
170 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Cavo Tagoo
Cavo Tagoo
860 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
985 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Amazing View Hotel
Amazing View Hotel
80 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Aeolos Mykonos Hotel
Aeolos Mykonos Hotel
#1 of 83 hotels in Mykonos Town
Leonis Summer Houses
Leonis Summer Houses
#1 of 22 hotels in Ornos
Palladium Boutique Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#1 of 26 hotels in Platys Gialos
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area should I book a hotel

If your priority is a hillside location with a sea view, you've already identified hotels at good areas to stay (you also would enjoy sunsets views from all on your list). Why not just choose the place which most appeals to you from that bunch?

At Paradision, Amazing View and Princess you would be within walking distance of some good dining both at Agios Stefanos beach and in the Tourlos port area, so you wouldn't have to head into Mykonos Town every evening for a meal.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Paradision
Hotel Paradision
170 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Agios Stefanos Beach
Agios Stefanos Beach
497 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Tourlos
Tourlos
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Houston
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area should I book a hotel

When you say appeals, do you mean the decour and type of hotel it is? Is Mykonos Town a walk away? I keep reading that taxi cabs aren't easily found near the hotel and it would be good to rent a car, which may be an option?

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area should I book a hotel

Yes, that's what I meant by appeal.

Cavo Tagoo is the closest to Mykonos Town of the hotels you mentioned; just 10 or so minutes away on foot. Next closest would probably be Mykonos Bay at about 15 minutes or so. The hotels at Agios Stefanos and in the Tourlos New Port area will be roughly a 30- to 45-minute walk away, along an often very busy narrow highway with no sidewalks. There is bus service between Agios Stefanos/new Port and Town, however, so you wouldn't be stuck with just a choice between taxis or walking if you stay in that area.

I tend to recommend car rentals only to people planning to stay at more remote beach areas that don't have bus connections to Town, or recommend 1-day rentals for touring around the island. You can't park in Mykonos Town -- the center is a pedestrian zone -- so you must park either at the Old Port parking lot (10 minute walk to town) or the lot behind the windmills (which is accessed from a road near the Fabrica bus station at the opposite side of town). Parking isn't allowed on the ring road that encircles the center.

Mentioned in this post
Cavo Tagoo
Cavo Tagoo
860 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
985 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Agios Stefanos
Agios Stefanos
Mykonos, Greece
Tourlos
Tourlos
Mykonos, Greece
Old Port
Old Port
128 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
4. Re: Which area should I book a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 05:19