We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days Mykonos must see

New York City, New...
12 posts
Save Topic
3 Days Mykonos must see

I'm going on my honeymoon this Tuesday. We have been having a lot of unfortunate personal health issues that had interfere with planning for our vacation :(. We basically will have to rely on this forum for advice. Please send us some advice and must see places in Mikonos. We're staying in Ornos Beach. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so very much.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days Mykonos must see

The main attractions to Mykonos are its beaches (more than two dozen major strands), picturesque Mykonos Town (a pedestrian area with a maze of narrow streets and lanes packed with hundreds of shops and restaurants appealing to all tastes and budgets), the nightlife (scores of bars and clubs in town, plus two big clubs at Paradise beach -- Cavo Paradiso and Paradise Club-- that bring in world-famous DJs to spin for all-night parties), and summer beach parties at Paradise and Paraga beaches. A draw for some people is the inland "village" of Ano Mera (actually a large municipal district with a restaurant-lined town square next to an historic monastery). The biggest Mykonos attraction for history and archaeology buffs isn't even on the island -- it's nearby Delos island, which is one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece with extensive open-air ruins and an archaeological museum. Half-day excursions to Delos are offered from the Delos ferry boat pier near the Mykonos Town Hall.

To get an idea of what you will be able to see once you're there, you can view hundreds of photos of Mykonos Town, the beaches (including Ornos) and Delos on my Flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/mygreecetravelblog/

There's also tons of photos and information about travelling to Mykonos and Delos on my personal travel blog: http://mygreecetravelblog.com/

I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon on Mykonos and aren't troubled by health issues while you're away. If you have any specific questions, be sure to post ASAP so people can respond before you leave for the island.

London
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days Mykonos must see

I strongly recommend a visit to the small sacred island of Delos - a unique and very ancient site, a major centre of pan-Greek civilisation centuries before the big city-states. Check the exact boat times at the harbourfront - make sure you don't miss this trip !!

Typically you would take the 9am boat across to the island and return on the 12 noon boat - fare is about 17 Euros, plus 5 Euros for entry to the island and its small museum. Take lots of water, there is no shade. There are very extensive excavations. lots of remains and statuary. Delos remained a slave-trading centre even into Roman times., so there is a variety of archaeology to see.

Try to do this on your first day - when you get back to Mykonos Town you could still head for a beach for the afternoon and early evening. At Delos you do not really need a personal guide - you can buy a map, and should perhaps do a bit of google research on it beforehand. Plus - look at the excellent collection of info and photos on Delos on donnyb's blog !

mygreecetravelblog.com/category/…

Apart from Delos and some of the beaches, the main attraction of Mykonos is the old town, wandering through its maze of alleyways, shops and restaurants - including the old Little Venice area over near the windmills.

I hope all goes well for you.

3. Re: 3 Days Mykonos must see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:19