We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Ideas Please

Manchester
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Resort Ideas Please

Hi There,

My parents have just booked flights to Mykonos for next May/June and I wondered if you had any suggestions for resorts were they could stay.

They love Greece and have been to Santorini and a number of other Greek islands. They are in their early 60's but quite young at heart :) They would like to be near a beach and want to stay in self catering studios/apartments (that don't cost the earth if possible!) and they like to get about on the buses although I'm not sure what the transport is like on the island.

Any advice and tips would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Ideas Please

Mykonos has scheduled bus service to key parts of the island, just like Santorini.

Platis Gialos and Agios Stefanos are the beach areas with the best bus service in May/early June. They will have more hourly return bus trips than other beach areas like Ornos or Agios Ioannis. The bus rides to/from Town for all four areas are less than 15 minutes.

Platis Gialos also has shuttle boat connections to other beaches along the island's southern coast.

There are hundreds of photos of all of those beach areas and others (as well as of Mykonos Town and other parts of the island) that your parents can view on my Flickr page, to get an idea if there's one they prefer: www.flickr.com/photos/mygreecetravelblog/

Have they determined their nightly accommodation budget?

Edited: 04 September 2013, 21:02
Manchester
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Ideas Please

Thanks for your reply.

I think they would like to spend £30-£35 per night, they will be staying for 10 nights although it looks like accommodation in Mykonos is much more expensive than other islands so this may be a bit unrealistic.

What do you think? Have you any advice on sites to look for decent prices for studios. They won't be after anything upmarket, just a nice traditional Greek studio (clean and tidy).

Thanks again.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Ideas Please

That's about €41 per night ... can't think of any studio accommodation that cheap off the top of my head. Mykonos is one of the most expensive places to visit in the Greek Islands even for basic accommodations.

You can check the Mykonos Accommodation Center website which includes listings for some, but definitely not most, of the studios/apartments available on the island. mykonos-accommodation.com/mykonos-accommodat…

If I think of anything I'll let you know.

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Ideas Please

Another pair of 60 year old`s here doing the same. Booked y`day with Easyjet for the 14th May at an excellent price. The last few years have flown into Athens but, this was cheaper.

Had a look y`day on Booking.com, there does seem to be a reasonable mix of prices and not all rooms will be on that site.

We maybe looking for a beach resort but as we are island hopping for a while have plenty of time for the beach.

5. Re: Resort Ideas Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:19