We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Jets Consortium

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Jets Consortium

I've booked a trip on July 31 from Mykonos to Rafina with Sea Jets Consortium has anyone used them before? As well it says that the boat departs at at 12:05 and arrives at Rafina at 14:20 does this seem right? Any words of advice are much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

I am also looking into taking a ferry from Mykonos -> Rafina and my ferry is also about 2 hours and 20 minutes. So yes - I think it sounds right. Can you tell me how you went about booking Sea Jets? I could not find a website where I could do so.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

The website is www.danae.gr I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this trip before

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

Sea Jets provides catamarans which are medium sized - compared to the mammoth ones provided by Hellenic Seaways - but do the job just fine. For a 2hrs 15 mins they are just fine, but on a longer trip like Piraeus - Santorini may seem a little too small.

Cats don't have or allow any deck access ( since they are running at speed around 30 - 50 mph ) but eat the distances in no time.

So, i would definetely do an Rafina - Mykonos in just 2 hrs in a cat, rather a 5 - 6 hrs in a slooow ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Hellenic Seaways
Hellenic Seaways
620 Reviews
Piraeus, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
3 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

www.danae.gr can do the job but you have to register and log in which is a hassle. Why not use the company site www.seajets.gr.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

I would choose a different ferry, 'SeaJet2' and the 'FlyingCat 3' would be the worst ones particularly in rough weather, very likely in late July, the meltemi wind is at it's peak.

You do have a choice Mykonos > Rafina of much better vessels (larger) even if they are slower (and cheaper).

The best if you want Hi-speed would be the 'Highspeed 2'(Hellenic Seaways), large.

Even better and cheaper would be the 'Aqua Jewel'(Alpha Ferries) or 'Theologos P'(Cyclades Fast Ferries) these take about 4 hours arriving at 15:30 and 16:40 respectfully in to Rafina.

I used the Seajet2 twice last year, fine in calm sea, but a nightmare in rough weather even on a short crossing of 45 min Paros > Mykonos.

alphaferries.gr/index.php…

www.fastferries.com.gr/Index.aspx?a_id=397

www.hellenicseaways.gr/index.asp?a_id=209

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Cyclades
Cyclades
South Aegean, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

I'm sorry to say I agree with Retired Hippy. Sea jets offer an excellent service, but in rough weather they offer a difficult ride. Seajets are also double floored and relatively high catamarans, meaning that small, tall levelled catamarans in choppy weather...departing from Rafina...which when the journey enters the open sea {after about 30 minutes..} can get very interesting to say the least. Another disadvantage especially if you're on that top floor...

Routes to Tinos and Mykonos are subject to meltemia winds anyway, so it's a rough combination when the winds are over 6 beaufort and under 9 in order for them to be canx.

Mentioned in this post
Tinos
Tinos
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,098 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

Good advice, but the original post is dated July 5, 2006!!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

good one!!

New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

Thank you. We appreciated the advice!

10. Re: Sea Jets Consortium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 06:16