We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myknonos Grand or Myconian Ambassador

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Myknonos Grand or Myconian Ambassador

Hello!

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon and wonder where we should stay! What we want is a truly high end luxury experience with king beds (very important and not always a given at many European hotels!), air conditioning, fabulous service, and wonderful food. Also, will it be possible to go into town for dinner easily from either of these hotels? Give me your honest opinions, please! This is my one and only honeymoon, so I really want to go all out :)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myknonos Grand or Myconian Ambassador

The Grand is the better of the two hotels and would be the best choice for the high end experience you're seeking (though both are good). You didn't say when you're travelling, but both hotels are at beach areas with regular bus connections to Mykonos Town. Taxis are an alternative, though there can be long waits for cabs in peak season (July & August) because there are only 30 taxis on the entire island.

The Ambassador is at Platis Gialos, which has a decent selection of beachside restaurants (three of which are among the top 15-ranked Mykonos restaurants on TripAdvisor), so you wouldn't have to travel into Town for dinner every night. The Grand is at Agios Ioannis, which has only several restaurants.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myknonos Grand or Myconian Ambassador

The Ambassador gets it for me. The resort is better if you don't want to go into town every night (a couple of the best restaurants on trip adviser are on the beach front at at Platis Gialos. There is a great beach just around the corner (Paraga) within walking distance, and boats to the other beaches go from just in front of the hotel.

Ask for one of the refurbished rooms.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Myknonos Grand or Myconian Ambassador

Thank you so much! As a side note, I was also looking at the Mykonos Blu. Is this on the same level as the Grand and The Ambassador, or is it more of a 4 star vs. 5 star experience? Thanks in advance - these opinions are really helping me out!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myknonos Grand or Myconian Ambassador

With a choice of villas, suites and bungalows, the Blu is a 5-star as well. It, and the Grand, both are built down the sides of hills all the way to a beach, and have private sunbeds on the sections of beach out front. The Ambassador isn't on a beach; it is set back on a hill behind the beach a 5-minute walk away.

5. Re: Myknonos Grand or Myconian Ambassador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 04:18