We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

My boyfriend and I are planning a one week trip to Greece at the beginning of April, initially we were just going to spend it all in Santorini but would also like to get to Mykonos. Easy peasy getting to Mykonos from Athens on the Ferry, but seems impossible to then leave Mykonos to get to Santorini! Both the SeaJet and Hellenic do not start operating until 17th April, by which time our trip will have ended. We do not want to have to fly back to Athens and then to Santorini as it seems like a huge waste of time and we'll be back tracking on ourselves!

Is there ANY other way of getting t Santorini from Mykonos? I would have thought there would be a company doing private speed boats or something between the islands but can't seem to find anything! Help!

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

Check out the Aegean Airways website ; Mykonos to Santorini via Athens depending on flights takes between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 hours.

If a private boat hire was available ( which I doubt) , would be ten times the price.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

It is always possible to go from Mykonos to Santorini via Syros or Paros. Search the schedules on www.gtp.gr in more steps (Mykonos-Syros and Syros-Santorini or Mykonos - Paros and Paros - Santorini) and see what options exists.

Personally I would skip Mykonos in early April. Best combination with Santorini are Paros and Naxos. They both have a large all-year population as they are less tourist dependant. They are all in the same main ferry line which sails all year.

Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

Why would you skip Mykonos in early April? How about mid-April, around the 12th --16th?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,606 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

By the 12th - 16th the island will be getting ready for Easter, and a few shops & restaurants that cater for tourists will begin to open. Ferry connections with Santorini will start on the 11th (Sea Jets) and the 17th (Hellenic Seaways). It's still preseason, so the island will be very quiet. Mid-April would be a good time to visit the Delos archeological site.

Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

Is Athens to Paros to Santorini to Naxos returning to Athens do-able on the Blue Star ferries? Does it make sense to do it that way? I already have accomodation reservations in Santorini April 5th to 11th. Perhaps I could change the dates. Any recommendations for mid-range accommodations in Paros or Naxos for a single female traveler?

Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

Is Athens to Paros to Santorini to Naxos returning to Athens do-able on the Blue Star ferries? Does it make sense to do it that way? I already have accomodation reservations in Santorini April 5th to 11th. Perhaps I could change the dates. Any recommendations for mid-range accommodations in Paros or Naxos for a single female traveler?

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

The large comfortable Blue Star ferries operate 24/7. Leaving Piraeus (Athens) at 7.25 am. calling at Paros ,Naxos and Santorini. A boat leaves Santorini every day in the early morning on the reverse route.

There is no shortage of safe and reasonable accommodation at Naxos and Parikia (Paros). Perhaps the owner of your accommodation in Santorini could recommend somewhere.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

In Naxos at that time of year, I highly recommend to stay in the town at Naxos. All beach areas are deserted, but the town is living. When on Naxos out of beach season, I always stay at http://www.hotel-xenia.gr/ . it is in the most central position, still away from the street noise. It is modern with very nice rooms. The same owners also have http://hotelcoronis.gr/ a few meters away. It is older and less fancy, but have far better sea-views.

On the roof-top of Hotel Coronis is a web-cam (live camera, changing every 10 sec) : www.naxosisland.eu

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

Regarding post seven, there is no early Blue Star Ferry from Santorini, only in the afternoon as it does the route back to Pireaus. There is a morning ferry back from Paros and Naxos but this starts at Amorgos or Astypalia

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Private boat from Mykonos to Santorini? Early April 2014

My apologies , I was wrong, but there is one of the large High Speed cats which leaves Santorini/Thira at noon and arrives at Piraeus just after 16.00.

Have a look www.gtp/gr for more of the boats on your route.

Get answers to your questions about Mykonos