We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

devon
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

We are flying to Mykonos on 21 September and intend to spend 3 days there before going on to Naxos and Paros. We are in our mid 60's and would like to stay somewhere reasonable peaceful. We have looked at Panormos Village which looks as though it might suit us. We love beaches, gently strolls and nice views. Shopping doesn't interest us greatly and neither does lively nightlife! Any advice please. Also, is it necessary to book ferries between Mykonos and Naxos/Paros? If anyone has any advice on where to stay on Naxos, that would also be appreciated. On Paros we think Naoussa might be nice. Again any advice again gratefully received.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Panormos Village is a nice spot and Panormos beach itself is great, but I hope you realize it's an isolated location that does not have bus service. If you plan on going to Mykonos Town or anywhere else on the island, you will need a rental vehicle or you will have to take a taxi. Or else be prepared to walk very long distances.

Agios Sostis beach is about 30 minutes' walking distance from Panormos -- uphill much of the way.

Both it and Panormos are unorganized beaches, meaning no rental lounge chairs and umbrellas -- you'll have to sit on towels or bring bamboo mats to those beaches.

There are excellent views at both areas and either place will give you the peacefulness you're seeking.

There are photos of both beach areas (and others) on my Flickr page: flickr.com/photos/… The Panormos and Ag Sostis pics are in the Mykonos 2013 collection.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

I forgot to answer your questions about ferries and accommodations on the other islands.

In late September the ferries should not be full so you should not have to book in advance to travel between the islands. What you should do, however, is visit a ferry ticket office as soon as you arrive at each destination, to purchase your ticket for departure day.

For Naxos I can recommend Hotel Spiros at Agios Georgios beach (it's the beach right at Naxos Town). The family and staff of the hotel are very nice people; the place is kept spotless; the hotel is only a couple of minutes' walking distance from the beach and only 10+ minutes into the heart of Naxos Town. Restaurants & minimarkets are even closer, and the big Naxos Town supermarket is just five minutes up the road. Good breakfast, too. I posted information and some photos from Hotel Spiros in my travel blog recently; you can view them at this link: www.tinyurl.com/OurHotels2013

In 2012 I stayed at Hotel Manos in Naoussa and enjoyed it. Very nice property inside and out, only a 10 minute walk to the shops and restaurants in the heart of Naoussa, and even closer to Piperi beach. Very convenient location. There are photos of the hotel in my Paros 2012 albums on the Flickr link I gave you above.

devon
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Thank you so much for your very helpful response.

4. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:22