We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Mykonos

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay in Mykonos

looks like there are a few areas...not just the main town. What id most recommended? I am looking for a nice hotel. I like a good value for my dollar as well. Only have 2 night on the island.

Have never been to Greece.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay in Mykonos

hi,you don't mention when exacly you are going..i've only been once many years ago but stayed near the town and i was glad i did,all the action was there and we visited the beaches with a rental car..it was close enogh to the town and far enugh to avoid the noise..so anywhere near the main town would be great

Edited: 01 February 2014, 13:13
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay in Mykonos

Need to know when you are going, and what is your nightly budget for accommodations, in Euros. Then we can make recommendations.

On Mykonos you have a choice of staying in or near Mykonos Town, or at a beach area. There is good bus service between Town and some of the beach areas so it isn't necessary to rent a car to get around.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay in Mykonos

going to be there early July. top budget in euro's $250 per night. Going to be me age 49 daughter age 20

we will have just sailed the greek isles to 7 days....then spending 2 nights in Mykonos before we leave for South Africa....taking her to a summer study abroad for Global Health.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay in Mykonos

Here are three suggestions you can look into that should have rooms in your budget. Each place has a swimming pool and gets good reviews.

Ilio Maris Hotel: Located a short walk to the heart of Mykonos Town and the Fabrica bus depot, where you can catch buses to the major beach areas.

Poseidon Hotel: Similar location to the Ilio Maris.

Vencia Hotel: On top of hill overlooking Mykonos Town. Fabulous views.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay in Mykonos

thank you booked Vencia based on your recommendation! Any ideas for a one night in Athens? This would be prior to getting on a boat. We arrive Athens around 2 pm Sat then get on boat at 5 pm sunday...so not much time in the big city...so close to sites would be best. Or near the zea marina, Piraeus

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay in Mykonos

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Vencia. I've heard very good feedback about their restaurant, Karavaki, which also gets excellent reviews here on TA. Could be a nice spot for you and your daughter to treat yourselves to dinner one night.

For Athens hotel rec's, I suggest you post a separate question in the Athens forum. You'll get the best advice from regular visitors. I have stayed in the suburbs the past five years and can't give any up-to-date advice for Central Athens.

7. Re: Place to stay in Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19