We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Hotel in Mykonos for Honeymoon in October?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redondo Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
Nice Hotel in Mykonos for Honeymoon in October?

Any input would be appreciated!

My fiance and I will be taking our honeymoon in October 9-15 in Mykonos. I know that's not the busy season, so some of the hotels aren't open. Was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for something that would be open then. Budget is around 200 USD per night.

We're late twenties, like to be able to walk to everything, like to enjoy the nightlife, like to enjoy finer dining. Would prefer to stay near the beach just to be close to everything.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Hotel in Mykonos for Honeymoon in October?

You won't be "close to everything" or within short walking distance of everything on Mykonos if you stay at a beach. In October, nightlife will be only in Mykonos Town, as will the vast majority of dining options (although there will still be some restaurants open at major popular beaches like Platis Gialos or Ornos).

You basically have to choose between staying in Town, so you can take a bus to a beach in the daytime and at night be within walking distance of shops, restaurants and bars, or staying at a beach, which would mean taking a bus into Town in the evening and most likely having to return to your hotel by taxi especially if you stay late at any of the bars.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 20:08
Redondo Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Hotel in Mykonos for Honeymoon in October?

I think we'd rather stay at the beach and taxi or bus into town. This is supposed to be the relaxing part of our trip, so while we'll enjoy nice dinners, we probably won't be out all night.

Any specific hotel suggestions?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Hotel in Mykonos for Honeymoon in October?

Take a look at the Myconian Ambassador and the Petasos Beach Resort & Spa for starters. They're two of the best at Platis Gialos beach and they might have something within or close to your budget for the period you're travelling.

4. Re: Nice Hotel in Mykonos for Honeymoon in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 07:19