We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets?

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets?

Hello,

We will be in Mykonos for 5 nights from August 18, we are on a bit of a budget so I wondered if there were supermarkets where we could pick up the makings of a cheap picnic or similarly if anyone could give advice on some cheap-eats. We don't want to be eating out in expensive restaurants for every meal.

We are staying in Mykonos Town if that is any help.

Thanks in advance!

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets?

There are plenty of corner shops, grocers, bakeries etc. where you can purchase food.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets?

The cheapest places are supermarkets for sure. There you can find the following ones:

1. Mykonos Market chain - there is one in the downtown and the other halfway between airport and Paradise

beach (there is one in Ornos, but I haven't been there); visit http://www.mykonosmarket.com/

2. Flora supermarket - 100m before the airport (and this one is the biggest and has the best offer).

3. The cheapest one (I forgot the name) is about 1km from Platys Gialos beach towards Mykonos town - this

one is the smallest but still big enough to be considered as supermarket; near is fruit shop also.

Generally, difference in prices between mentioned places is negligible, so you can choose the nearest one... or

else - take the opportunity while you are on 4-wheel bike or something similar and visit the others.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets?

Wow, thanks for that. The money situation isn't too bad but it is always helpful to know there is a cheap lunch or dinner to be had.