We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

I'm heading to Mykonos for the first time this October and being the overly involved planner that I am, I'd love a few of the total musts for a first time visitor. And I would definitely love a few of the best restaurants around. As a Manhattanite foodie, it's my main source of enjoyment, lol.

Any must see and eats would be a huge help! Thanks! We're not big partiers, much more about culture and real life on the islands.

Level Contributor
80 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

Day trip to Delos, don't book a tour though, get a local guide once you arrive on the island.

Lunch at Hippie Fish...the restaurant from the film, Shirley Valentine - great view, amazing food and cocktails too!

Milano
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

I would do a tour of the island with a car or motorbike stopping in the various beaches for a meal or an aperitif (I really like Elia but Kalafatis is also very nice).

A tour of the old village (you will get lost ....) and an aperitif in the Little Venice or in a hotel with a good view (Elyseum for example).

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

"Best restaurants around"......Read the top questions in top right hand corner and click on the 2012 restaurant report by Donny..Excellent and still very very relevant in 2014.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

I'm not sure how much of a beach/sea person you are, but my absolutely favorite beach on Mykonos is Agios Sostis. No organization at all, which is good for me.... no umberellas, no loud music ... in fact the few times I went, not many other people either!

I'm sorry I keep saying this in my replies to your posts, but I don't know how it is in October for weather, sea temp, etc. Above the beach is a Taverna that once upon a time was a little gem of a secret. The secret is out, but I'm sure it's still fabulous - Kiki's - go for wonderful lunch if they are still open in October.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,691 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

The top attractions on Mykonos are: Mykonos Town; the beaches; the nightlife (in June, July, August & September); the dining (more than 300 restaurants); and the historic ruins and archaeological museum at Delos island.

Keep in mind that October is the tail end of the travel season, and a lot of restaurants, shops & hotels will be winding down their operations and starting to close up. Many places typically close by the end of September or in the early part of October, but there will still be plenty remaining open until late in the month. Party season will definitely be over, but many bars will still be open.

Besides the 2012 restaurant report I posted in the Top Questions About Mykonos section on this page, you'll find a lot of information and photos n my travel blog posts at these links:

http://tinyurl.com/MykNew2014

http://tinyurl.com/MykNew2014B

tinyurl.com/MykRestos2013

tinyurl.com/MykBeachRestos2013

tinyurl.com/MykMeals2013

tinyurl.com/Dining2013

My Flickr page has thousands of photos of Mykonos, including Mykonos Town and most of the major beach areas. The pics will give you a good idea of what you can expect to see in town and at various places around the island. You can access them at this link:

http://tinyurl.com/MykPicSets

6. Re: 3 Days in Mykonos - Top 10 things to do & things to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16