We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos in March

Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Topic
Mykonos in March

I just planned a trip to Athens and Myknos from March 10-15. I am know really dissapointed because I hear its off season then and hotels in Mykonos will not be open. I also hear it's not beach weather then. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, is their other stuff to do in Mykonos if its not beach weather??

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos in March

For the weather have a look at

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

That's an info about Naxos, but this island isn't far way from Mykonos.

North Berwick...
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos in March

Yes, it is true. Most of the hotels and resorts on the islands don't open until late April, although obviously there will be some open before then. The weather will probably be warm enough for t-shirts and shorts, but in March I doubt that it will be warm enough for spending the whole day on the beach, as in the summer. Mykonos has a very busy night-life in the summer season, but once again, probably not all the clubs etc. will be open in March.

I would consider maybe visiting some of the other islands for things to do. For example, Naxos is more of a working island rather than just a summer resort and will possibly have more cafes/bars/restaurants open at off peak times. It offers everything - fabulous long sandy beaches with crystal clear water (although that will be rather cold in March!), wonderful villages in the centre of the island to experience the Greek way of life, historical sites to visit and nightlife in the Hora, if that's what you're looking for.

More info. on Naxos is available from www.naxosisland.com which alsa has a range of properties available to rent. Potamia Villa detailed on the site is superb - it was brilliant for us last year and we're going back again this year.

Dallas
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos in March

If you come back after your trip - please let me know how it was as I am going to be there April 16.

Thanks

Toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mykonos in March

I will be there from Apri 13th to April 24th. My plans are to be in Athens for a week and in Mykonos and Santorini for another couple of days each. Maybe I'll see you there Becky!

North Berwick...
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos in March

Check out this link for the current weather conditions in Mykonos:

www.intellicast.com/Local/IntlLocalStd.asp…