We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

We are thinking of staying at Lithos by Spyros & Flora for 3 nights in mid- October. We have never been to Mykonos before and are concerned that although this hotel gets rave reviews that it might be a bit too far out of the way. I have found nothing in the forum search on this hotel, just hotel reviews on TA.

We are young retirees, not interested in party scene. We want to get a glimpse of Mykonos and enjoy it's beauty. Not sure if it will be warm enough for beach/swimming, but if it is, that would be a plus.

Insights welcomed.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

It's not that far out of the way, but in October there will be very limited bus service to and from that beach area, and you'll most likely have to rely on taxis (especially if you have any late evenings in Mykonos Town for dinner). Unless, of course, you rent a vehicle.

Dining options are very limited in the area as well, though Ornos is within about a half hour walk and there's a good selection of tavernas there.

Since mid October is low season, you would be better off staying somewhere in or very close to Mykonos Town to be within easy access of shops, restaurants, etc. You could then take buses to beaches & other areas you want to see in the daytime.

By the way, the party scene winds down in mid to late September.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 15:24
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

I do understand about the distance and lack of bus service.

Since we will only be there for such a short time, we are still considering Lithos as it gets such glowing reviews.

But that said, we are considering either: Leto or Hermes in town.

They both seem to get good reviews and the prices are pretty comparable.

Any insights into these other choices? Thanks SO much!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

Leto is so centrally located it's just a stroll from everything; Hermes is atop a hill but reasonable walking distance to the commercial center. I have heard excellent feedback about the Hermes and would not hesitate to stay there myself.

Any of the three would be good choices .... but if you want quiet and scenery away from the built up town, Lithos is the best option.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

Leaning towards The Leto as the rate is for a sea view. The Hermes is courtyard. I know we won't be at the hotel much, so that really isn't a big factor. We are thinking being right in town is a plus, especially since it will be pretty late in (or actually out of) season.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

Hi

If you are still considering Lithos...

I haven't stayed at Lithos but stayed at bellissimo which is very close & on the same road. There are about 3 restaurants in resort - one at Bellissimo, two down at the beach - Hippy Fish and Pili.

Hippy Fish and Pili are not cheap. Also do bear in mind it's quite a steep slope down to the beach - so quite a steep slope back up after dinner :)

I nearly did myself a mischief walking back up from the beach the first day - cramped/ strained my legs quite badly ( I go to the gym 3 times a week) and couldn't walk further than the Bellissimo's restaurant that night. On the up side, there are regular buses to town which stop very close to Lithos.

Have a good time!

6. Re: Input on Lithos by Spyros & Flora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17