We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos - Santorini ferries

New York City, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mykonos - Santorini ferries

Does anyone know if there are other reliable ferries plying the Mykonos-Santorini route? I could only find SeaJets (operated with SuperJet) & Hellenic (operated with HighSpeed5) & it seems SeaJets has a pretty poor rep on these forums. Hellenic has the 1 service arriving Santorini in the evening, I'd rather get there earlier.

Are passengers on Hellenic's HighSpeed5 allowed to roam about the vessel, go outside (are there outside decks)?

Am planning a trip in mid-Sep.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

You may go from Mykonos to Paros with the Hellenic Flying Cat IV or the Superjet in the morning, then change to the daily Blue Star Delos further on to Santorini.

You have no outside decks on the Super Jet, maybe a very small outside deck in the stern on some Hellenic ferries, but nothing to ramble around. The approach to Santorini seen from the deck of Blue Star Delos is magnificient.

New York City, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

thanx periscope... i tried that but seems like the morning sailings from mykonos get into paros too late to connect with the blue star sailing to santorini :(

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

Blue Star Delos departs Paros 11:45. Isn't there a high speed from Mykonos arriving Paros between 10:15 and 10:40 ? Maybe not on the days you are travelling.

But an even better idea would be to skip one night on Santorini and have a night on Paros instead. It is an opportunity to walk the nice little town, have a look at "the church with 100 doors" and enjoy an island which is a lot more relaxed than the other two. But I guess it is impossible because you have booked hotels which cannot be changed. You really miss something by only visiting Mykonos and Santorini - the two absolutely most touristified islands in Greece.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

Parikia - Paros

http://tinyurl.com/avekhe

Naoussa

http://tinyurl.com/b2nycp

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

Not possible to roam outside on Hellenic High Speed 5, I don't think. In June the foot passengers entered via the car ramp and were then kept inside. My boyfriend asked about going outside for pictures and was told this was not allowed...

New York City, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

thanx periscope. someone else suggested connecting at naxos, there is an early enough seajet sailing that allows a connection to blue star. i much prefer old school ferries anyway :)

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

I traveled between Mykonos and Santorini last September 2013- and traveled on the Super Ferry and it was Great.. - assigned seating, with a snack bar on board. it left on time and was a smooth ride.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

The SuperFerry runs Rafina-Andros-Tinos-Mykonos. It does not go to Santorini. You are confusing it with something else. The SuperJet, a small enclosed catamaran, perhaps? If so, it's one of the worst choices in the Cyclades.

9. Re: Mykonos - Santorini ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:17