We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding advice please!!

London
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding advice please!!

I'm after some advice from those either looking for similar to me or those that have already done it.

We are planning on getting married in Greece, end of August/beginning of September 2016. The dream Is Mykonos or Santorini. After looking at hotels that would cater for weddings we are left feeling a bit disheartened because of the cost. We would be happy to pay it but I am conscious of how much you can ask guests to pay. Being that it's the kind of place where it isn't all inclusive etc you also asking people to pay a lot for food and drinks for their entire stay.

I guess I am after a few stories from people who have been married out there and what it cost them/how they did it. Did you all stay in one hotel, get married outside of the hotel? Did some of your party stay in other hotels?

I haven't really got a budget to share with you because it's so early stages I just think I need to be made more aware of what I realistically am going to be paying. We are looking at about a weeks stay.

Sorry to be so vague, I hope some of you can gauge what I'm asking and just give me any advice you may have!

If anyone has any recommendations of other beautiful Greek Islands (not Skiathos or Skopelos though-I have been already) to get married and stories to tell of their wedding there please do share with me as well!!

ANY advice is REALLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance

– Overwhelmed Bride

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Skopelos
Skopelos
Sporades, Greece
59 replies to this topic
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Hi am in the process of the same. If you want to list your email id be happy to share my findings already.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Hi am in the process of the same. If you want to list your email id be happy to share my findings already.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Caution: don't post your email addresses in the forum .... you could wind up being targeted with spam. Share them only in private messages.

mallorytown, ontario
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Every year in September when we go to Ios we see at least one wedding reception at one of the restaurants on Mylopotos Beach. They always look nicely decorated.

Mentioned in this post
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding advice please!!

We were thinking about getting married in Greece but then gave up the idea due to the preparation of the documents . First of all , you gotta plan your own itinery and then the details of the wedding , and also you feel obligated to plan out the rest of the trips for the guests ...very stressful overall . Santorini is by far the Best after my research . Nice beautiful view from caldera . Dana's villa in fira has good wedding package for venue or the winery is the good location too . Also chormata and major Katikies , kirini has wedding packages which provides you with hotel venue etc . many hotels also help setting up . You can email their website .

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Cornwall, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Hello, I'm also starting to attempt to plan a wedding in Greece well hopefully Mykonos! I've emailed lots of people, hotels and wedding planner but don't feel like I'm getting any useful practical information :-/ plus like you said it all seems to be a bit more expensive than I expected. I'm worried about inviting guests due to the cost. Anyways any advice from anyone on planning a wedding on Mykonos would be great! Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Hey! Just wondering if you went ahead and booked your wedding for with location? I'm looking at Greece too, literally just started my research so any info would be amazing x

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
London
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Hi all,

An update for you on our wedding plans.

We have booked for August 31st this year in santorini. The venue we have chosen is santorini Gem. By far the best venue on the island. Totally private with amazing caldera views. Ceremony and reception taking place there.

If you're in the UK contact Mathilde at Planet Weddings. She is extremely helpful and knowledgeable and is helping us get everything organised.

We have done a lot on our own too.

We're staying in Kamari as its more affordable than the caldera side. We have about 80 guests coming so wanted to make sure it was affordable for everyone. We are doing a big pre-wedding dinner for everyone the night before the wedding as well in one of the tavernas on kamari beach. We are yet to choose but we're going out in May to finalise everything.

Out photographer is Vangelis. Videographer is Andreas Markovic. Hair and make up is Helen Savaa.

The hotel we are staying in is Aegean Plaza our whole trip is fr ten days) but the night before and night of the wedding we are staying at Asteras Villas as a treat!

Ask me anyone questions if you need help!

Santorini was by far the best choice. So happy we chose there.

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
9. Re: Wedding advice please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2016, 21:12

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
11 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding advice please!!

Hello! I lived in Mykonos for 4 years. I can probably give you some great recommendations if you message me.

August is very hard to have a wedding in Mykonos, but September is lovely!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Reply to: Wedding advice please!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted