We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos accommodation

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Naxos accommodation

My wife and I are looking for an apartment/studio to stay in Plaka, Naxos for 4 nights in late September. Has anyone any comments about any of the following Athina Studios, Acti Plaka, Plaka Beach Hotel and Stella Studios. Is it worth hiring a car or should the bus service be sufficient?

Hertfordshire
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Naxos accommodation

We're going in May, hoping to rent an apartment on Plaka beach (Agia Anna end) through a very helpful German travel agent in Naxos town. Will let you know how we get on!

London, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naxos accommodation

Hi! Going through exactly the same thing - looking at staying 5 nights on Plaka in late September, would love to hear any comments on Plaka Beach Hotel or Stella, or the others listed above! Stella Studios looking like my first choice as things stand...

Hertfordshire
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naxos accommodation

We walked past Stella Studios many times when we were there in May. They looked nice. We stayed at 3 Brothers, which were nice and very clean. But all the apartments and studios in Plaka seem rather small. Yes, the bus service is good for going back and forth from Plaka to Naxos town, and you can get buses to other parts of the island from Naxos town.

Hertfordshire
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Naxos accommodation

The bus service is brilliant. It runs from early morning to late night and the buses are on time and frequent ranging from six a day to one every half hour according to season. The cost was 1e60 single.

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Naxos accommodation

Hi Eros

I cant help you with the accommodation but you will find travellers reviews on most,if not all of them, on this site!

The bus is ok for getting to and from Naxos but it does restrict you a little if you want to see the rest of the island. I would reccommend a car or other transport to get about the island, especially if you only have 4 nights.

There are tavernas at plaka and a branch of Picasso, the superb mexican resturant to be found in town, or you can get the bus into Naxos for more choice at night.

Hope this helps, Mikri

London, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Naxos accommodation

Now I am thinking of Paradiso Studios... have a hazy memory of having stayed in one of Paradiso or Stella around 10 years ago when I was last in Naxos and I think I liked it! :p I think it must have been Paradiso last time, as the rooms were adjacent to a taverna where the keys were kept.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naxos accommodation

You could do a lot worse than stay at Cyclades Studios near the bus terminus at the end of Plaka beach. I stayed there last September in a newish family sized studio with bathroom, kitchen and balcony with a seaview for only 30 euros a night. Superb value and I will stay there again on my next visit.

I used to stay in the town when I was in Naxos but the bus service is so good that I will always stay down in Plaka in future.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naxos accommodation

Hi there -

We are currently staying at Agia Anna beach Naxos(Castello studios - expensive @ 98 Euros a night). Book early for better value - there is plenty of accommodation on the island.

This is our fourth year to vacation in Naxos and it's getting very crowded - more building all over the place / dense crowds in Hora at night-time / less and less space on the small beaches which are mostly patterned with those regimented umbrella 'n deckchair arrangements. Ugh.

May seek some quieter, less developed place next year.

london
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naxos accommodation

Eros

Don't worry about the last post and the crowds on Naxos

At the end of September it will be much quieter but still have good weather and all bars/tavernas opne.

Have stayed at Hotel Alkyoni on last 2 visits - on St Georges beach but only short walk into town

Have a look at their website

Gary

london
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naxos accommodation

Eros

Don't worry about the last post and the crowds on Naxos

At the end of September it will be much quieter but still have good weather and all bars/tavernas opne.

Have stayed at Hotel Alkyoni on last 2 visits - on St Georges beach but only short walk into town

Have a look at their website

Gary