We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos in mid September for a week

bristol
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Naxos in mid September for a week

We are going to south west naxos (aliko area) and was wondering what sort of weather is likely for the middle of september, hot/sunny/changeable etc? Likelihood of rain? And is the island busy at this time of year? thanks

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
379 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naxos in mid September for a week

I've been there in early September and the weather was great; sunny, warm, etc. I don't imagine that mid-September will be much different. I only saw rain once during 17 days or so in Greece and that was near Iraklion, on Crete, and not for very long.

September shouldn't have to many mainlander Greeks on the islands since their main vacation time is August but when I was there it seemed like it was just as popular with other nationalities, Germans being the most prevalent.

greeka.com/cyclades/naxos/naxos-weather.htm

Good luck and have fun.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,827 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naxos in mid September for a week

I am in Naxos right nown and the weather is warm and excellent. The forecast for the coming week also looks great. At the moment it is still quite busy around in my opinion (I usually go in October).

Alyko looked excellent a couple of days ago.

September is the best time of year going. The weather is usually still stable, sea is warm and swimmable and the major crowds are gone. Some places out of town will start closing down, but you will still find many options for accomodation and services.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naxos in mid September for a week

Going on Friday staying for two weeks…… the same time last year we stayed on Thasos…the weather was wonderful with one cloudy day…so I’m guessing it will be similar or even slightly better with Naxos being 200 miles further south.

4. Re: Naxos in mid September for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 00:18