We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

UK
Level Contributor
784 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

Staying there for 12 nights and wondered if anyone could recomend good Greek tavernas restaurants, preferably not too expensive around the village.

Also any more info on AP area, where are some nice walks, nice hidden shops, bakeries, any little secret places you are loathe to share?!

Also recommended tour operators, bike / car hire etc?

Basically as much info about pretty much anything to do with AP please!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,354 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

Agios Prokopios is a small resort with the beach as the main attraction.

There is a travel agency in the main street (only proper street passing through the resort):

http://tinyurl.com/cg25la

There is a major supermarket when entering the resort, where you will find fresh bread etc.

The taverna Gorgona (Mermaid) is in the next resort Agia Anna - 10 mins walk from Prokopios.

There is a frequent public bus service to town.

Enjoy your stay !

Edited: 29 May 2012, 10:35
UK
Level Contributor
784 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

2 weeks today and cannot wait now!

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

For the best restaurants in A.P. see this forum, tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g805487-i13751-k…

The Family that run the excellant Anesis Spiros taverna in A.P. also run Karbatis Car rental in A.P. We have hired cars from them on several occassions and can recommend them, they are a good honest local family. Theres no bakers in A.P. and the butcher has been closed for the past two years, however all the shops have a fresh daily delivery of good fresh bread.. Our favourite walk from A.P.is up to the Windmills at Tripodes (also known as Vivlos) Stop there for refreshments/photos and take the very scenic downhill path to Plaka beach for late lunch say at Aronis Taverna and then a swim. The views from this path are spectacular especially early in the season when all the wild flowers are out. 15 years ago the path was footpath only but sadly its now a single track road but with very little traffic. Total walk time is about 2.5 hours and you can then catch the bus back to A.P. if you wish to save the further 45 min walk back along the beach.

You have made a good choice and will have a fantastic time

UK
Level Contributor
784 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

Thank you for that, I have already copy & pasted the info from that thread to make my own guide book! Is the path you are talking about marked quite well? I will be alone so don't fancy getting too lost!

Obviously my choice in eating out in the evenings will be led a little by the fact I will be walking home alone.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

HI Neisar, We go in 11 days so you never know we might bump into you. We’re staying in A Anna for 18 days and will be wandering the coast road between AA/AP/Plaka daily. We’ll be walking into town a couple of times, catching the bus back. Also like the idea of the walk to the Windmills at Tripodes.

You’ll love the area.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

The downhill track from Tripodes to Plaka beach is well signposted from the windmills and you cant go wrong. It is not so easy to find this in the other direction and if you wanted to walk up this way then you would do best to walk along the beach to the Medusa Resort Hotel (which is 15 minutes walk onwards from the last Plaka bus stop) and take the track up the side of this hotel, and you will see the track running up the left side of the fertile valley to Tripodes.

You will have no problem walking home at night. All the restaurants are in a few minutes well lit walk with plenty of peaople about , but in anycase Naxos is a very safe holiday destination.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,354 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

For a special experience you may also visit the Paradise taverna a short walk beyong Agia Anna towards the Plaka area:

http://tinyurl.com/crfpfxs

UK
Level Contributor
784 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

Thank you everyone.

Miles you must be going a few days before me, I fly on the 12th and catching the ferry on the 13th.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

Neisar, we fly on the 9th from Heathrow then blue star on the 10th………hope you booked your flight well in advance……just been on Aegean air website…..our flight is now priced at an unbelievable £1500 for two….and BA is even more expensive……

Can’t wait…….you’ll love it.

steve

UK
Level Contributor
784 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice restaurants near Liana Hotel AP & other stuff

I have the pleasure of Easyjet from Gatwick! Would have preferred the Birmingham Thomson flight but at the time of booking it was over £200 more than easyjet, even taking in the additional petrol to get to Gatwick from Gloucestershire it was still a better price!