We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nude section of alyko beach

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
251 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
nude section of alyko beach

We will be staying at Faros hotel at Alyko beach the last week of August. Is there any section that gets mostly naturists, or is it just find a secluded piece of beach. We don't want to offend anyone so I'm also asking what is the level of tolerance in that area?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
554 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nude section of alyko beach

Take a look at Captain Barefoot which is the best website guide for naturist beaches in Greece.

http://www.capnbarefoot.info/cyclades:naxos

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nude section of alyko beach

Alyko is definitely mostly nudist, especially the southern part near the coves.

It's my favourite nudist beach. Even on weekends we never met huge Greek families with children, grandmas and umbrellas. If it happens, you can still move north towards Kastraki. After a minute or two you will find a decent spot where nude sunbathing will be possible.

We usually park at the top of the cliff. The descend to the beach is a bit tricky but the beach is well worth the effort.

Edited: 15 June 2012, 17:47
Essex
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nude section of alyko beach

One of the beaches on the Alyko peninsula is signposted as a nudist beach. To get to the beaches on the peninsula you need to head south for about 500 metres along the road oustide Faros then take a right turning. After 100 metres or so you'll see the signposts indicating tracks to four beaches.

Faros is located near the southern end of the long Kastraki/Glifada beach - you'll probably also find stretches of that beach that are quiet enough to use nude.

Belgium
Destination Expert
for Naxos
Level Contributor
442 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nude section of alyko beach

Follow the signpost which says "nudist beach" at alyko. the other alyko beaches are not nudist beaches and you might offend the many greeks who come there.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
251 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nude section of alyko beach

Thank you all for the information. The reason I was asking if there is a designated section was because I do not want to offend anybody, especially the many greeks who use the beach.

Edited: 20 June 2012, 14:19
6. Re: nude section of alyko beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:15