We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach in Naxos?

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach in Naxos?

I will be in Naxos for about a week in September. I want to stay on the beach where there is a good nightlife. Do you think Agia Anna or Plaka beach would work? I love Rebetiko music. Are there any places that have live music? Any suggestions for places to stay? I do not want fancy/touristy. I prefer rooms for rent or middle of the road hotel. Being close to the beach (max 5 minute walk) is most important. Thanks!

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach in Naxos?

If you want any nightlife you have to to stay near Naxos town. You will find lots of rooms/studios in the St.George area, which is in walking distance from town. Agia Anna is more for swimming, sun-bathing and relaxing.

All season there are conserts at the Old Kastro in the Town. Some evenings classical music, some others Greek music and traditional dancing - if this is what you are looking for. At the disco Night & Day they are dancing to Greek rhythms until the sun rise.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,861 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach in Naxos?

I agree with Periscope's suggestions.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach in Naxos?

Plaka beach is gorgeous and rooms for rent out there, literally on the beach, can be found for way cheap. I originally went with one of the guys who wait for you as you get off the ferry, and he had a nice room for rent in the city, but far from the beach. I took the bus out to Plaka and knew I would so much rather be there. I found a darling little "room for rent" type small hotel ON Plaka beach for 25 euros a night. And it was amazing: Clean, AC, bathroom, and just really very nice. The bus loops regularily and takes you right into Naxos city. I took it every evening. I'm not a late night party girl, so I don't know much about city night life, but there are a few beachfront restaurants out on the Plaka...even a tex-mex place :)

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach in Naxos?

Are you a flight attendant?

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which beach in Naxos?

No, I am not a flilght attendant...I wish I was!!

World Travelli...what is the name of the place you stayed on Plaka Beach for 25 euro a night??

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which beach in Naxos?

I am seeing a disconnect in this thread. Yes Plaka is a really good beach but there is no nightlife to speak of out there. The person who recommended Plaka accurately said the bus loops regularly, which tells you that for the nightlife you are going to have to go into Naxos town to get it. That is a 7km half hour trip on the bus.

St George beach gives you everythng you asked for: a beach holiday with access to nightlife. You may have to pay a bit more to be at St george but that is because it gives you all you want.

Here are some images of Plaka area. Please understand I love Plaka as a beach and take the bus out there for full beach days but prefer to be at St George so we can have all the evening activites of the town close by.

travel.webshots.com/album/577941251SkgZfC

7. Re: Which beach in Naxos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:16